Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiebennett81

This arrived today (super quick delivery, thanks to 'oldskool'):

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

Haven't fitted it yet because I want to mount it neatly so gathering everything I need before I do.

just a tip mate

that air filter is going to be more restrictive than helpful when your going to run more power, and your gunna need a much larger air feed to really see any benefits

I would look at greenfilters:)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
just a tip mate

that air filter is going to be more restrictive than helpful when your going to run more power, and your gunna need a much larger air feed to really see any benefits

I would look at greenfilters:)

Why is that filer going to be restrictive? I run that filter on mine and they use them on 600bhp skylines and stuff.

This filters got a very very good reputation :)

jamiebennett81

Why is that filer going to be restrictive? I run that filter on mine and they use them on 600bhp skylines and stuff.

This filters got a very very good reputation :)

really? just looks small in the pictures, maybe its my eye site and im getting old :cartman:

I am sure I read somewhere on the site someone who was running a similar air filter and it was restrictive, never mind, ignore me lol

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
really? just looks small in the pictures, maybe its my eye site and im getting old :cartman:

I am sure I read somewhere on the site someone who was running a similar air filter and it was restrictive, never mind, ignore me lol

Must be the age ;) :cartman:

They are quite small but they fit them to big BHP Jap motors so hopefully there ok for a leon.

brad1

My green cotton dynatwist filter is bigger than that apexi filter, but it's not always about size lol

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Look what arrived this week:

e6a8be4e.jpg

ca7f4dc6.jpg

5ba386e6.jpg

Superb build quality, thick chunky, welds spot on, should see me ready for a Stage 2 map

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Awesome, you gonna have a go at fitting the FMIC yourself?

I'm thinking about it mate, I'm a little hesitant because the car's in use daily, only time I get is on weekends so I don't want to screw anything up, I'm doing my research before though, reading through loads of choppy threads piecing together what I will need to do.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I have this filter ever since Adam recommended it and its amazing bit of kit even on a deisel.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
As some of you may already know, I began to fit the FMIC this weekend, after running in to a problem, namely one missing pipe, I've finally manage to finish the job today, the job's a good'un, really happy with the overall product and result.

Removed the bumper using this guide here:

http://fallenangelxsi.piczo.com/?preview=y&g=24212843&cr=2&rfm=y

Really good guide, maybe SeatCupra.net should copy it over to the guides section?

Completed the cold side after 2 attempts because I could not make any sense of the piping, eventually I realised that either I'm thick as .... or there's a pipe / part missing, and after confirming with a few of the lads here, one pipe was missing, so I had to wait until Monday to get the missing part, in the mean time I though i'd mock fit the bumper back to see what I need to trim....

IMAG0164-1.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Fogs are gone for sure, but doesn't bother me at all, who uses fog lights in the UK?

IMAG0149-1.jpg

God made man and then man made Dremel.... I love this tool! Chopping complete, i'm done for the day....

Today, had to miss work (boss not happy but oh well) to get the missing part, luckily Toyosports is around the corner from me, I popped around, after a wee mouth full, they kindly gave me the missing pipe and off I was again, everything made sense with the help of the missing pipe, it goes like this....

Cold side:

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

Map sensor:

IMAG0158-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members