Tyrer's LCR : 225 : Stage 1 :

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
:ban:Had the LCR for a good month but only got round to a full detail today, so here she is -

Mods so far - Forge 007p, C2 Aerial, Fabia Rear wiper, debadged wings and L-E-O-N badge

R01.jpg

R03.jpg

R04.jpg

R05.jpg

and what it replaced

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Last edited:

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
cheers for comments

yeah mate that was me

04.jpg

miss her alot... 5 weeks was too short a life

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
busy day... mods continue

right after wayne lcr reminded me with his delocking post this morning that I had not done mine yet I started work today

so today I have mostly been

1. De locking
2. Painting rear lower valance gloss black
3. Painting front lower valence grills gloss black

Not got round to upper grills yet or my wing mirrors and as the weather is poor the rest of the week they may need to wait.

Anyway I will update my RR thread once the grills are all dry and number plate back on

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Gloss black vs Silver

Today I finished the repainting of the grey grills, lower valences, Splitter and wing mirrors in gloss black,

Done this to update the LCR to the new VAG 'R' style of the new cupra R and Golf R with their gloss black styling.

Also de locked drivers door and gave it a quick wash and updating my Readers Ride thread now, take a look and tell me what you think.

sneak peak

Rv2002.jpg

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
*NEW*

Gloss black upper and lower grills, splitter, rear valence and wing mirrors.

De locked drivers door

Rv2004.jpg

Rv2001.jpg

Rv2002.jpg

Rv2003.jpg

Rv2006.jpg

Rv2005.jpg

opinions????

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
It was just a blanking plate mate and a new solid barrel, no fuse messing.

Cheers

Nov 7, 2009
Nice mate. Fancy doin tht myself , iv got a black lcr with black wheels. Did you have to take the grills out or just mask up?

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
I masked them up - Its all in the prep haha took forever making sure it was all spot on.

No Ive not laquered them yet, need a good polish and 'buff' when the weather gets better first. I also need both front and rear bumpers re laquering soon so Ill get it done all at once

Nov 7, 2009
Grrrr i hate masking lol. Do they come out? If not il just put up with masking. They look shiny enuff without the laq tbh. U thought of gloss black wheels to match. Wud look smart. You ne er see many sil er 1ns with black

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
the lcr fog grilles pull out to spray but the centre 1 you have to take the front bumper off to take the middle 1 out.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
whats the lcr like compaired to the r32?
did the back bit of the bumper as well i need to do that now lol.
did you get the de-lock from me lol.
just need to paint the front s badge grille and your done mate.
looks miles better job well done.

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Good progress mate, although I prefer the standard plastics.

Where did you get the delock kit mate, and how much was it? Also was it hard to fit?