Tyrer's LCR : 225 : Stage 1 :

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Cheers mate, and yeah need to sort alot of new pics out, just finding the time.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Whats the part number for the centre caps? and if you dont mind, how much did they cost you?

We all seem to still be waiting for some pics of your car! :D

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Whats the part number for the centre caps? and if you dont mind, how much did they cost you?

We all seem to still be waiting for some pics of your car! :D

Its a pain, go to do something and A) Rain or B) Fiance stops my plans haha. Weekends are not long enough in my opinion.

Centre Caps were: S6H0601171DBXF - £26 for all 4

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Its a pain, go to do something and A) Rain or B) Fiance stops my plans haha. Weekends are not long enough in my opinion.

Centre Caps were: S6H0601171DBXF - £26 for all 4

I know exactly what you mean mate!

Just had the car serviced, needed front brake pads and I'm going to need 2 tyres pretty soon:cry: all this an I'm trying to save for a FMIC and 3" TIP.

Cheers for the part number!

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
£200 Awesome Vouchers HELP?

Right I have just got the last of the 'inlaws to be' Christmas vouchers, next Friday I should have money left this month so I'm looking at £200 to spend in Awesome.

BUT I have my birthday end of Feb and they have all said to my Fiance ''shall we get more of those vouchers?''

So Im stuck with whether to wait or not and on what to get.

I only want 265bhp and there abouts so stage one only for me.

Current spec is 007p, S3 brace and otherwise standard.

Ideas?

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
erm merged?
okay then wasnt really wanting to add any update to the car, just some advice but anyway...

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Quick questions for you mate. What do you use the car for? Daily driver, weekend thrill, bit of track etc??

You don't want to go crazy engine tuning wise by the sounds of things so maybe the map would make good sense for you now. Then again at the same time if you like to find some open country lanes on the weekend then roll bar would be my suggestion

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
It's my dailyish but we use her car mostly. Not bothered by big power just want same as my R32 and GTA 250/260 respectively.

Does about 6k a year.

t32er

map it tyrer, no need for the rear arb, then again im used to the lose back end;) lol
i learnt the limits of my old LC over 3 years then spent best part of a year on the lcr, ok on this one i have f+r strut braces but i love the way it handles and i get round the bends quicker than any TT and S3 iv ever chased round the A roads
get the map, arbs pop up for sale on here now and again at half the price of a new one and it does the same thing as a new one...

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
I have to agree with above, get it mapped. Only reason mine isn't mapped yet is because I'm going straight to stage 2 so doing the bits around it as well as handling as you can't have a powerful car with no grip

t32er

agreed with EL - im at stage one but have turd rubber at the min - its a night mare at times BUT im so used to the way they are i dont notice it much unless its really wet, i know not to bother then lol

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I need ARB's and new brakes big time now to slow my recently stage 2'd LCR down and also get the power down better through the twisties.

I'd suggest a rear ARB myself. Can't wait to get those one day soon once insurance, MOT and Tax are out the way.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Map is 1st BUT Awesome only do REVO and its £400 when Performance Torque do it for £250 (if its still the same) and by all accounts its a good map.

So I now have the dilemma of spending 100-200 of the vouchers on either ARB or springs and paying out 250 of my own money on the map or 250 of my own money on the revo and nothing else...

decisions decisions

t32er

id look for another map my self, revo some times down on power, custom code all the way and normally a little cheaper...

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Its only the Awesome vouchers making me look at REVO, I was alwyas going Performance torque in my head until they came and more are on the way.

NEED A CASH INJECTION FOR A REMAP...any offers?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.