Tyrer's LCR : 225 : Stage 1 :

t32er

damn my slow typing!

Ive also decided on the OEM double din conversion and OEM satnav.... just need to get a spare £500 now

i shall use my hiden power for you, some say its a tallent sent from the gods to protect and suport people with less money than others,
but i call it "£bayfoo"
oh i will show up at yours one day and take you up on the cleaning, (would be worth the trip, 1 to learn, 2 to learn 3 to meet a fellow member and lastly to um.....well learn

t32er

im still thinking about the wheels, on yours i think a darker silver...
mine im thinking gloss black

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah that's my thinking.... But then do I have to do my plastics anthracite?

The bay is not great for din conversions

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
After a mini detail today I though I would finally go and get some decent pics in my usual photo haunt.

Hopefully by the end of March it will be as I want it.

01-3.jpg

04-3.jpg

02-3.jpg

03-3.jpg

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Awesome mate, such a clean car

cheers mate... pics can hide stuff ;).

I really think that the gloss black bits bring the silver out more if that makes sense over the standard plastics

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Agree with all the comments mate,such a nice LCR you have. Looks awesome,well done!

cheers man, hopefully I can get the exterior mint and how I want it (rear bumper needs a good re-laquer).

I hate waiting for my birthday and the next stage of the leons development.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
cheers for the comments, just realised how since the first post I really didnt get proper pics since then (slap on the wrist)

I reckon the grills are an underated area that can really help haha

t32er

propper minter mate, looking forward to the summer, see if you can do that to mine...
love the pic spot too, 1.50.... your be looking more 3.00 in oxford lol

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
propper minter mate, looking forward to the summer, see if you can do that to mine...
love the pic spot too, 1.50.... your be looking more 3.00 in oxford lol

Cheers fellah, that was a 20min wash only in-between the rain. Good job the wax is goooood and keeps it protected.

Much longer on yours... I'll get the buffer out ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Lovely job mate, it's looking smart!

The mirrors really help to set off the bodywork colour well :)

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah the mirrors are alot better when the body work is clean though haha looks bad when dirty!

Alex what colour etc is your Cupra?

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
This morning I ordered via awesome my THS FR3 gearbox steady and pipercross panel filter then looked out and decided to have an early start at the car.

Wing mirrors are back Silver and my wheels are currently hardening in their new Anthracite colour - I know its done to death but all my silver cars have had anthracite wheels so I couldnt change a habit of a lifetime.

Total cost was £30 for Paint, Lacquer and sand paper.

Pics should be ready for tomorrow once paint has completely hardened.

Not a proffesional job but I have a wedding to pay for so Its all about utilising my home grown skills

Chris

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
The table

DSCF1717.jpg

the crappy wheels

DSCF1718.jpg

the test fit

DSCF1723.jpg

1 more to lacquer and the spare wheel left to do

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.