012600 - Intake Manifold Runner Control: Regulation Deviation

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Was on the motorway sliproad today and the glowplug started flashing. No limp mode, reduced power or anything like that, just the flashing light. Turned the engine off and back on again, and the light cleared. Scanned with vagcom tonight and the only error is this:

Code:
012600 - Intake Manifold Runner Control: Regulation Deviation 
               P3138 - 006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame 
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 5
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Reset counter: 37
                    Mileage: 170658 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 12:57:08

Freeze Frame 
                    RPM: 3104 /min
                    Torque: 0.0 Nm
                    Speed: 82.0 km/h
                    Mass Air / Rev.: 0.0 mg/str
                    Mass Air / Rev.: 0.0 mg/str
                    Lambda: -25.0 %
                    Text: Kein MesswS

Any ideas anyone!?!

berkeley12

What was the outcome? I've got this same error code come up and am wondering what its about?
Thanks
:cry:

DMitch16

The fault code P3138 is to do with the intake manifold flap / motor mechanism not performing correctly an expensive but fairly easy job to do on a 170PD engine if straight replacement is preferred. You can attempt to clean the intake but should check the flap for correct operation and damage as they can break apart and on rare occasions pieces can get sucked into the inlet towards the valves. Also check the motor and wiring that operates the inlet flap as they can fail. The motor is known as a V157 on VW Passat 170 models, not sure if it is the same on Seats. HTH

Last edited by a moderator:

Minimontie

I've had the same problem on my seat leon. Light came on and it showed inlet manifold flap failure, it has been replaced twice , egr valve replaced and I've just replaced the four glo plugs and the engine management light is still coming on! I've replaced the fuse and I got the light off! As my luck would be its back on!

Anyone out there that could help I would appreciate it???? It's due an mot and I would like it off for then ???

berkeley12

My car judders occasionally in second or third and if I'm city driving for more than 30 minutes it'll cut out. I've also changed the throttle and fuse but it's made no difference. The dealer says the inlet manifold needs changing but this was pretty much a guess.
I'm puzzled too! A fellow forumite suggested the dpf but the light for this is not illuminated on the dash.....:cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.