mick-fr's Deep Black Renaultsport Megane F1 R26

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Well I had my Ibiza FR TDi for just under 2 years, but due to circumstances I can now afford a nice quick petrol.... Here she is :) A Renaultsport Megane 230 F1 R26 - Yes, that is the real name :p

The Ibiza:-
2010-09-20101721.jpg

The Megane:-
2011-10-20184658.jpg

2011-10-20184732.jpg

2011-10-20185534.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
:D

I did look at VAG, but for the money I got the Megane for, VAG couldn't get anywhere near the spec. I may be back in the future though, who knows ;)

tbh alot of the newer VAG cars dont stack up anywhere near as good as some of the rivals, ive been test driving a few potential replacements recently like the mk5 ibiza cupra and tbh i hated it, the clio and my current favorite the 500 arbarth essesse are streets ahead, and the sciroccos are very expensive still.

you got many plans for her yet or are your just going to get used to it for now?

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
tbh alot of the newer VAG cars dont stack up anywhere near as good as some of the rivals, ive been test driving a few potential replacements recently like the mk5 ibiza cupra and tbh i hated it, the clio and my current favorite the 500 arbarth essesse are streets ahead, and the sciroccos are very expensive still.

you got many plans for her yet or are your just going to get used to it for now?

Yeah it's a shame really as VAG cars are good, but just overpriced imo. Guessing you're looking to replace the soot monster with a petrol too then? :p What's the 500 like to drive?

Nah no plans yet, need to get used to it first. There's so much grip there it's unbeleivable and it's very quick - more than I'm used to. Maybe when I get bored of the power then I'll look at a remap :p

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Yeah it's a shame really as VAG cars are good, but just overpriced imo. Guessing you're looking to replace the soot monster with a petrol too then? :p What's the 500 like to drive?

Nah no plans yet, need to get used to it first. There's so much grip there it's unbeleivable and it's very quick - more than I'm used to. Maybe when I get bored of the power then I'll look at a remap :p

the essesse is brilliant its great fun to drive, awful ride quality (so on a par with the ibiza :cartman:), lovely exhaust note, really nice interior, great kit, pricing is better now (£12k for a good high spec, low mileage example on an 59 plate (ish). steering is sharp and responsive and the engine for a petrol is torquey as well so it goes really well. downside is its only a 40l tank and im still doing 70 miles a day so running costs will be high as i wont get near the 52mpg i get with mine in the rush hour. insurance is cheaper tho

I still really enjoy mine but ive had it 2 1/2 years so im getting ichy feet again, so might need to splash some money on it again and that will keep me happy for another year.

you got any pics of the interior yet?

Last edited:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
the essesse is brilliant its great fun to drive, awful ride quality (so on a par with the ibiza :cartman:), lovely exhaust note, really nice interior, great kit, pricing is better now (£12k for a good high spec, low mileage example on an 59 plate (ish). steering is sharp and responsive and the engine for a petrol is torquey as well so it goes really well. downside is its only a 40l tank and im still doing 70 miles a day so running costs will be high as i wont get near the 52mpg i get with mine in the rush hour. insurance is cheaper tho

I still really enjoy mine but ive had it 2 1/2 years so im getting ichy feet again, so might need to splash some money on it again and that will keep me happy for another year.

you got any pics of the interior yet?

Haha, I don't beleive it can be as bad as the Ibiza :p 12k isn't bad! Aren't they really small inside though? I'm quite surprised at the Megane's torque actually.. Its the exact same as the Ibiza lol.. 229lb/ft :p Maybe it's best you keep the derv if you're doing 70 miles a day :happy: I'm only doing about 10-15 now :)

I don't actually, was too dark for my phone to pick up a decent picture :( The interior is the exact same as this though, it's just not my car :p

ChristianMegane004.jpg

I'll try get some tomorrow or over the weekend and stick them up when I'm back :)

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
That's a very rare car you've got there, very nice too. What insurance group are they?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
tbh i prefer the Ibiza shape...but that's a personal preference

neat motor though, you can't be getting a cheap insurance quote on a group 17 (old groupings) car unless you're down as a named driver ;) with a 'responsible' older adult as a main driver lol

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
tbh i prefer the Ibiza shape...but that's a personal preference

neat motor though, you can't be getting a cheap insurance quote on a group 17 (old groupings) car unless you're down as a named driver ;) with a 'responsible' older adult as a main driver lol

Nope, both insurance and the car are in my name :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Like the meggys, looked at these myself when getting the Leon!

Insurance isn't always that expensive on high group cars NickyJam. I paid 1500 for the first year of my LCR at 20 - had I not been changing it because I just crashed, it'd have been 1200.

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
Group 17 isn't bad for what the car is, more for the track than the motorway. Think my Ibiza is group 15/16.

Let us know how many miles you to a tank

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Haha, I don't beleive it can be as bad as the Ibiza :p 12k isn't bad! Aren't they really small inside though? I'm quite surprised at the Megane's torque actually.. Its the exact same as the Ibiza lol.. 229lb/ft :p Maybe it's best you keep the derv if you're doing 70 miles a day :happy: I'm only doing about 10-15 now :)

I don't actually, was too dark for my phone to pick up a decent picture :( The interior is the exact same as this though, it's just not my car :p

ChristianMegane004.jpg

I'll try get some tomorrow or over the weekend and stick them up when I'm back :)

very tidy interior the seats look really comfy and supportive, the fiat is actually pretty sizeable if you think of it more as a 2 seater im 6ft 3" and i had plenty of space. the 70miles a day is the biggest reason i havnt taken the plunge...... yet ;)

good luck with this one, hope it all works out:)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Like the meggys, looked at these myself when getting the Leon!

Insurance isn't always that expensive on high group cars NickyJam. I paid 1500 for the first year of my LCR at 20 - had I not been changing it because I just crashed, it'd have been 1200.

Yeah its not that bad, I used to think higher groupings would be dearer but after a few quotes it shows they aren't. Obviously some are for example a Subaru etc, but they aren't all that expensive :)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Very nice mate!

Thanks John :)

Group 17 isn't bad for what the car is, more for the track than the motorway. Think my Ibiza is group 15/16.

Let us know how many miles you to a tank

Yeah it's not that bad for the car as you say! Is your Cupra group 15/16? :eek:
Well according to the trip on the way up here i'd get about 525.. that was sitting at 70 with cruise on. (With some little blasts in there too ;) )

very tidy interior the seats look really comfy and supportive, the fiat is actually pretty sizeable if you think of it more as a 2 seater im 6ft 3" and i had plenty of space. the 70miles a day is the biggest reason i havnt taken the plunge...... yet ;)

good luck with this one, hope it all works out:)

Really? I wouldn't have thought so from the outside! You really should.. Im glad I did now :p
Thanks mate, let me know if you decide to go for the 500 :D

Apr 13, 2011
hull
amazing choice mate if I was in the market for a petrol id have the megane sport I love them I used to have the megane gt 150dci in that model really liked nice too see someone else who sees the megane sport as a worthy car love it mate would like too see more of it in the future

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
amazing choice mate if I was in the market for a petrol id have the megane sport I love them I used to have the megane gt 150dci in that model really liked nice too see someone else who sees the megane sport as a worthy car love it mate would like too see more of it in the future

Thanks mate! Yeah it's great, so much better than the Ibiza but I suppose it is in another league :p No annoying rattles or that either. I'm sure I'll keep you all up to date with the goings on :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise