mick-fr's Deep Black Renaultsport Megane F1 R26

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
That's good mate.. Onwards and upwards eh?

Yeah that's actual. Sitting about 70mph on the motorway with cruise control on.

I bet it is, quite like the Editions too. I'm the same, the GTI doesn't really appeal to me - Would have to be an R or the Edition. How's the fuel/insurance etc on that? I'll go take a look!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
That's good mate.. Onwards and upwards eh?

Yeah that's actual. Sitting about 70mph on the motorway with cruise control on.

I bet it is, quite like the Editions too. I'm the same, the GTI doesn't really appeal to me - Would have to be an R or the Edition. How's the fuel/insurance etc on that? I'll go take a look!

Well hopefully lol. I've got plans to go abroad end of the year if al goes to plan :)

Decent. I've not been trying at all recently to get good mpg and i get 350 miles from a 50 litre tank. Can get 400 if careful with some blasts in between. My BMW was only getting 450 from same size tank so not exactly a fortune more, usually an extra tank a month.

Gti is too plain, just like a normal golf. R is best looking but the 3.2 is slower than mine, can't tune it and uses a lot more fuel.

My insurance is honestly a joke cos I had a unfortunate accident with the BMW, technically my fault but not my fault :( Cost an absolute fortune to repair! Airbags etc. the repair was top class tho and you'd have never known, even by my standards lol.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Not overly keen on the looks tbh but I know it's got some guts in it! Have fun toying with it ;)

The looks aren't for everyone.. I never liked it when they first come out but it grew on me!

Yeah it certainly does.. I've never been in a car that handles so well and it's pretty nippy too!

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Well hopefully lol. I've got plans to go abroad end of the year if al goes to plan :)

Decent. I've not been trying at all recently to get good mpg and i get 350 miles from a 50 litre tank. Can get 400 if careful with some blasts in between. My BMW was only getting 450 from same size tank so not exactly a fortune more, usually an extra tank a month.

Gti is too plain, just like a normal golf. R is best looking but the 3.2 is slower than mine, can't tune it and uses a lot more fuel.

My insurance is honestly a joke cos I had a unfortunate accident with the BMW, technically my fault but not my fault :( Cost an absolute fortune to repair! Airbags etc. the repair was top class tho and you'd have never known, even by my standards lol.

Nice.. I'd like to go abroad sometime too, but no plans yet.

That's not bad.. I get about 450-500 miles from a 60L tank on the motorway. Round town, who knows. Twistys, I wouldn't even take a guess as I enjoy my "spirited" driving round the twistys in this [B)]

Really? I'd have thought the R would have been quicker! Ah that's a shame mate! Is that one of the reasons you got rid or did you just fancy a change since you got a new job etc?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Nice.. I'd like to go abroad sometime too, but no plans yet.

That's not bad.. I get about 450-500 miles from a 60L tank on the motorway. Round town, who knows. Twistys, I wouldn't even take a guess as I enjoy my "spirited" driving round the twistys in this [B)]

Really? I'd have thought the R would have been quicker! Ah that's a shame mate! Is that one of the reasons you got rid or did you just fancy a change since you got a new job etc?

Yeah your has a diff, well jel lol. The golf isn't bad tbh, more flat than the BMW, but I think the BMW would be better with harder suspension.

Yeah the r is non turbo so you can tune it, the rear diffuser looks awesome tho!

I just fancied a change cos I had the money to do it tbh. The BMW drove perfect when I got it back, couldn't recommend the repair highly enough. Somebody bought it this week I noticed, they've got themselves a tidy car, especially after the repair!

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yeah your has a diff, well jel lol. The golf isn't bad tbh, more flat than the BMW, but I think the BMW would be better with harder suspension.

Yeah the r is non turbo so you can tune it, the rear diffuser looks awesome tho!

I just fancied a change cos I had the money to do it tbh. The BMW drove perfect when I got it back, couldn't recommend the repair highly enough. Somebody bought it this week I noticed, they've got themselves a tidy car, especially after the repair!

Yeah it does, makes a hell of a difference! Got the CUP chassis too, so a bit less flex. You not got plans for a diff in the Golf?

Ah ok.. Not so appealing tuning wise then. Yeah the overall look is awesome!

Treating yourself... Nice. It's got to be done sometimes haha. That's not bad.. don't hear that often when it comes to repairs! Did you just trade it in against the Golf?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Yeah it does, makes a hell of a difference! Got the CUP chassis too, so a bit less flex. You not got plans for a diff in the Golf?

Ah ok.. Not so appealing tuning wise then. Yeah the overall look is awesome!

Treating yourself... Nice. It's got to be done sometimes haha. That's not bad.. don't hear that often when it comes to repairs! Did you just trade it in against the Golf?

Defo no plans to do that lol. To much expense I think.

Yeah, but I've treated myself one to many times when it comes to cars lol, this is the last! Yeah ano, it was Mitchell inglis on south street that done it, they're very good and they do all the really posh cars too like Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati lol. My one series looked like a heep in their carpark lol.

Yeah traded it in as I got a good price for it against the golf.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Defo no plans to do that lol. To much expense I think.

Yeah, but I've treated myself one to many times when it comes to cars lol, this is the last! Yeah ano, it was Mitchell inglis on south street that done it, they're very good and they do all the really posh cars too like Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati lol. My one series looked like a heep in their carpark lol.

Yeah traded it in as I got a good price for it against the golf.

Haha, maybe one day.

Yeah you say that now.. I give it ther year or two and you will be after something else :happy:
I know where you are, they've got a good rep like you say. Still... Could have been a Fiat or something!

Not bad, suppose it helps that you are very OCD when it comes to your car :lol:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Haha, maybe one day.

Yeah you say that now.. I give it ther year or two and you will be after something else :happy:
I know where you are, they've got a good rep like you say. Still... Could have been a Fiat or something!

Not bad, suppose it helps that you are very OCD when it comes to your car :lol:

Unless I win the lottery lol

No seriously, have to stop it lol. It's expensive.

Yes the OCD continues lol. I've still to do a full detail on the golf, but it will be done in the next few weeks. Been extremely busy with uni last few weeks doing my dissertation, thankfully now finished and I will never be doing one again! ****in nightmare!

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Unless I win the lottery lol

No seriously, have to stop it lol. It's expensive.

Yes the OCD continues lol. I've still to do a full detail on the golf, but it will be done in the next few weeks. Been extremely busy with uni last few weeks doing my dissertation, thankfully now finished and I will never be doing one again! ****in nightmare!

If you win the lottery you won't be buying a diff.. You'll be buying a Ferrari or something :lol:

Fancy doing mine at the same time? :p Mines not been washed for about 6-8 weeks.. with numerous trips up and down the motorway.. It's white now with all the sh*t on it! :( Atleast you're finished... No more nights sitting studying :funk:

Need to head now... Speak to you later mate!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
If you win the lottery you won't be buying a diff.. You'll be buying a Ferrari or something :lol:

Fancy doing mine at the same time? :p Mines not been washed for about 6-8 weeks.. with numerous trips up and down the motorway.. It's white now with all the sh*t on it! :( Atleast you're finished... No more nights sitting studying :funk:

Need to head now... Speak to you later mate!

I would actually, as long as you pay to cover costs of travel and materials ha ha.

Cool mate!