Sedox Performance? Known to anybody?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
These guys popped up when I was trying to get to the Revo site today via Google.

Anybody heard of Sedox? They say they're worldwide, experienced, bla bla bla.

Not that it says much, but the dyno graph for the 2L tfsi looks quite decent, other than the usual small dip around 5500 revs.

My first choice is APR, second Revo...but for 399 these guys aren't badly priced for being local and for what they offer

ANy clues?

sedoxuk

Sedox Performance in the UK is operated by PDT (loads of reviews over on Mk5golfgti.co.uk on the remaps, and members on there get a £100 discount as well ;) )

pazzywazzy

bad remap

For all you who are thinking of getting a remap on your pride & joy, BEWARE. Did a lot of research on this remapping lark & it is a mind field anybody can set up & call themselves any expert. Anyway I decided to go with SEDOX performance in sunderland (or formally know as Vsport and PDtuning) wonderful glossy web site good reviews, plenty of bragging of what they can do, bla bla bla, So decide to go with them, yes they where 200 miles away but they’d do a good job wouldn’t they?? Had a golf 170 tdi & audi A6 2.5 tdi to take, golf was a no runner cos the DPF was blocked & had shut down, Trailered the golf down behind the Audi. Would get Audi remapped & management light was on cos I removed the egr valve. Got the work all done in a day DPF removed & a remap on golf, it was running hura hura, The audi was remapped & light out, but needed MAF ( which they done for me) & N75 valve which I did when got home, Anyway it all seemed fine, paid £1074 and headed home, on the way home management light comes on ( the audi that is as golfie’s having a ride home ) and stays on. The golf’s DPF light comes on a few days later also quite a aggressive power band with lot’s of (not a bit) black smoke under acceleration. Some emails later David from sedox suggested I take them to my local garage for diagnostics (DM performance cars pulford) could not find anything wrong & said the light should not come on as it has been mapped out. Back to David & this was his reply—

If there is a light on, there will be a fault code. The light is never 'mapped out', infact anyone that suggests that any diagnostic processes should be mapped out simply doesn't understand the process. Did they check the live data and reset all of the ECU adaptions? We're they using genuine VCDS or VAS diagnostic equipment, or a generic fault code tool?

At this stage I thought ‘this guy is full of carbon’ & I am not getting anywhere, If I took the cars back there all that way to get sorted, is he going to do another **** job? Back to square one. So back to dm performance, he says have you tried simon at ecotec at buckey just 6 mile away? No never heard of them, They do DPF removal & remapping he said. F**KING HELL. After coming down from the sealing I paid him a visit told him the story & he like me thought sedox where good, but would look at the golf first to see what was what. Simon phoned me up later saying he could not believe the car has been remapped this way terrible job, also they had wiped the codes so going to have diagnostic checks was a waist of time as there was nothing to read and they will have known this. Simon phoned sedox to try & make sense of his remap, But in the end Simon sourced a standard VW golf file started from scratch, remapped it and sorted all the issues, (no problems with sensors etc) and running much smoother now, no lights coming on, also sorted the audi as well, Many thanks to you Simon as you are down to earth, not full of **** & know your stuff. As for David Appleby of sedox you are one of the sharks and will No doubt will have a clever explanation for this, but the net is moving in.
:censored:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I'm guessing you didn't do a search on here before you went? :)
Could have saved you a lot of hassle/money.

Unless you've got a BMW or are very lucky ( like me) , the most suitable advice seems to be to stay away.

The thing is, I've seen Dave at work and I've spoken to him a few times. And Mark in the garage. And believe it or not they DO know their stuff.

Why they choose to ignore any form of client satisfaction standards is beyond me.

I've been very lucky and I've got a great map out of them. And the service I've had has been second to none. But just going off a good amount of reports from others...I won't be going back. Not taking that risk. Quitting while I'm ahead.

Sorry to hear there's yet another victim and I hope you get what you want in the end.

Last edited:

fokusicar

Getting the job done.
Hi!

I was noted to come and see this...

For all of You that had a problem with any Sedox dealer or software received, I would ask You to contact Sedox Norway HQ at [email protected]. There the Support team will find a way to help You, and also note the problems with any dealer or it's personel.

When You contact them they will first check the authenticity of the software received, just to be sure if You have a genuine software installed. You can also do that by going to www.sedox-performance.com and clicking
authentic_banner_1.jpg
or You can just go here: http://www.sedox-performance.com/flashinfo

Believe me that Sedox Performance NORWAY from where the company is, and it's owner really take care of the customers, and do not want any unsatisfied customers, or messing with customers in any way.

If You have or have had a problem, let them know. IT WILL BE SORTED.

fokusicar

Getting the job done.
Pazzywazzy, as this is You 1st and only post so far, can You please send me a PM or write here the date when You had a remap for those 2 cars, and what were Your requests for the cars. I would like to check that, and try to help if I can. So let's see if we can get to the bottom of this and fix it for everyone's satisfaction, but again need to be sure this is not just "guerilla antimarketing".

Please let me know and I try to help, as I am sure this is not a Sedox brand type of business ;)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Pazzywazzy, as this is You 1st and only post so far, can You please send me a PM or write here the date when You had a remap for those 2 cars, and what were Your requests for the cars. I would like to check that, and try to help if I can. So let's see if we can get to the bottom of this and fix it for everyone's satisfaction, but again need to be sure this is not just "guerilla antimarketing".

Please let me know and I try to help, as I am sure this is not a Sedox brand type of business ;)

I think you want to get in touch with a guy on here called Marshall. He was particularly badly done to and lost a lot of money, almost broke his car (with video evidence).

I would love to see Sedox Sunderland pick up. It CAN be a great place with great expertise, and I'm happy there's some notice from the wider Sedox on this.

Mind, I'm on another forum as well where people generally know to avoid Sedox for the poor service.

pazzywazzy

I'm guessing you didn't do a search on here before you went? :)
Could have saved you a lot of hassle/money.

Unless you've got a BMW or are very lucky ( like me) , the most suitable advice seems to be to stay away.

The thing is, I've seen Dave at work and I've spoken to him a few times. And Mark in the garage. And believe it or not they DO know their stuff.

Why they choose to ignore any form of client satisfaction standards is beyond me.

I've been very lucky and I've got a great map out of them. And the service I've had has been second to none. But just going off a good amount of reports from others...I won't be going back. Not taking that risk. Quitting while I'm ahead.

Sorry to hear there's yet another victim and I hope you get what you want in the end.

Yes, your right, should of looked into it more, but got peed off at the time and went for these guy's, Yes, sure they have done some good remaps but the golf was bad & ecotech was shocked, you could say they are biased but the proof is in the pudding, he sorted both cars for me. the thing that annoyed me most is David won't own up to anything & wouldn't give me a penny back.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sooo...

This is my response on whether my map is a Sedox one.

qa9a8e9e.jpg

Goooood....
So basically I've paid for a Sedox map. Got a "Dave special" and got VERY lucky his fu**ing little hands managed to put together a half decent map.
What a b*stard f**k!!!

Dear Sedox Performance Norway. Please sue the living daylights out of this fraudulent criminal.

fokusicar

Getting the job done.
Shnazzle. don't get too hard core on this one, as probably You do have a Sedox based software, which was just adapted to Your car by the Sunderland Reseller. You are satisfied with the power and the car, right? And You didn't have any problems with Mr. Appleby, right?

If it wasn't made by the HQ, and wasn't authentic in that way, that does not mean that You were not a very close match to some previous car that was tuned by Sedox HQ for Sunderland Reseller, and he just made smaller adaptations. That does not mean the sw wasn't done properly. This is a part where You eather trust or don't trust You tuner.

I think the unsatisfied customers, in whatever country they are should be sorted out...and the more important thing is to be sure this is not a competition trying to put someone down.

If I was asked, I would insist on the proof that the guy claiming has had problems was even there (like an invoice or something with that date), and then the problem can be solved. :)

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I paid for a Sedox map. Not something that was once a Sedox map and has had god knows what done to it.
Also, this further confirms my doubts about the fueling as I have yet to get anything over 45mpg... Even when I really try long distance.

Also, did you know "Sedox performance Sunderland" is also a registered Revo dealer? That's odd to me.

And as for your doubts on the claims of other members on here. Tread carefully my friend. People have lost a LOT of money at that place.

Thank you please :)

pazzywazzy

Yes still showing as a REVO dealer, Just another thing Mr Appleyby is not the director of the company, some Amy Hedley is, wonder why that is??? been struck off before???

fokusicar

Getting the job done.
I paid for a Sedox map. Not something that was once a Sedox map and has had god knows what done to it.

Shnazzle, I totaly agree with You.

What I can say as a Sedox Dealer is that, me knowing how the guys in Sedox NORWAY think, someone fooling the customers and selling a Sedox product which really isnt that from the beginning, will not be able to keep the "dealer" status for a longer time. He will maybe be something else, but not a DEALER. This is just how I feel these guys think, because I know they care about that stuff.

sed0x

I have read this thread and I think that some comments from Sedox need to be made.

Pazzywazzy - I have read your comments and although I believe many of the things you have written not to be true I would ask you to contact us by email so that we can find out what happened in your case and see if any resolution can be made, please tell us your name and registration number along with a date from a receipt that you have, and why you did not ask Sedox UK to help you if you did have any concerns at the time instead of refusing to return the car and then trying unsucessfuly to get your bank to return the money, they agreed with our response which was the car should be returned to the place the work was carried out to be checked. If there was a fault it would have been fixed. We tune thousands of cars and not every car is perfect first time (no tuner can claim this) but I don't agree that going to other garages and tuner to be sold more and more software was the best way you could have dealt with the situation please contact us:

[email protected]

We will not get into an online argument with anyone on a forum as they generally bring out the worst in people so that is all we will say on here about the matter.

Schnazzle - Please read carefully the reply you were sent, your software is made using our Sedox base software, but looking into it further you also have DPF removal software and stage 2 mapping that was customised to your car for your requirements, the base software used is Sedox stage 1 software. Again a lot of what you have written such as Sedox UK should be sued and criminal activites/fraud happening is again why we will not get into an online argument as it seems to have brought out the worst in you, in many other posts you have written very good things about the Sedox remap you have on your car. if you need any further explanations please contact us on the email address above.

As fokusicar has already mentioned, Sedox dealers carry out their work in a professional manner, with thousands of satisfied customers every year and if things need to be put right in both of these cases, they will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
So will you be contacting Marshall over the terrible remap he had and also the very poor service he received from the SEDOX representative that he paid to do the work?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
That's me told then :) hehe.

APR here we come with the Cupra R!! None of this "it was once a xxxx map" crap.

Our Sedox map is grand and the service was great. But would you be happy finding out your Boss suit is actually a rebranded Primark special? False advertising.
Or as my wife put it: "I feel gutted, I feel like I bought a Gucci handbag and someone ripped out the inside lining and replaced it with a cheap knock-off. I no longer have a Gucci-quality handbag. I don't know what I have".
This discovery has made us parting with our beloved CR170 a lot easier. It's tainted.

See how you feel when you pay 700 quid for something and find out only half of it was what you meant to buy.

As I have said, and you have rightfully pointed out; We have been VERY lucky to have a half decent map and I have stated my contentment with it. (although, will you pay for me to have my EGTs measured...).

Good luck and I hope your PR/marketing recovers at some point. Buena suerte Sedox, nos vamos.

That is all. To all future Sedox customers: good luck and all the best. I wish nothing but the best future ventures for Sedox and I hope all of this mess is cleared up.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.