Fitted boost gauge today

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
At idle the gauge sits at around -22 from memory and on easy throttle driving at 40 mphshe will come round to 0, on full throttle the needle goes to 13/14 and i saw it spike to the 20 region for a split sec which i take is normal as it does take a sec for the ecu to realise this and limit the boost to 13/14psi.
anyone confirm that this sounds normal for a remapped 20vt auq?
also ive not had the chance to see how it sits at motorway speeds yet, will do tomorrow though.
btw ive found a brilliant way of feeding the tube through the bulk head which shouldnt cuse any water ingress nor damage to the tubing. pics to follow when i get my finger out.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
The route i used is better than the bonnet release method for two reasons,
one its raised up from the metalwork and also you can make the hole as large or as small as you want. Ive enclosed photos to show you where i went through.
Apologies to 56k users and anyone using less than a 15" screen!!
To get at this, its the same as getting at the bonnet release as its very close to it in the first place.
take the wipers off and plastic firewall tray, you will see this little plastic box, you have your pick of which side to drill through, i picked the right side with a 6.5mm drill bit which was just big enough and no more, carefully i drilled through and cleaned the area. Fed the pipe through and with the side of the dash open i located the pipe and pulled through til most of the slack was taken up.

drillhere.jpg

gaugeoverview.jpg

gaugefitted.jpg

dashside.jpg

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
on the carriageway today, when floored in second etc she goes to 20 psi very briefly then sits at 15 eventually settling on 14/15 until around 6k when the boost starts to drop.
the problem i was having with fluctuating power when on hard acceleration is showing as a drop again briefly from 15 to 10 then straight back up to 15.
it happens sometimes more often than not. i think my dv isnt coping with the boost so a new forge item is in the pipeworks.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cordobabrendy said:
no bill, it "may" be dimsport related but im not sure i wasnt old who made it exactly.

I know it was'nt APR's but has APR characteristic boost delivery.. thats all I meant.. :thumbup:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
n75 neg, spare me searching mate, what exactly does the n75 do and whats the suggested replacement (if there is one, ive heard of j etc) is there a different valve for mapped and non mapped motors?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
yes mate, its a fairly cheap one i got in haste as i was trouble shoting a boost issue, its savage pro range (bout 30-40 quid in places) and has a multi coloured back light, im thinking of changing to a carbon one instead, i dunno....... too many auto websites not enough credit cards!!

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Cool, it looks quite good actually, white background to match the dials and illuminates red too... Is it noisy or quiet, I've had a gauge in a past car that used to buzz all the time and was really annoying...!

dannyk

leon cupra
Oct 3, 2004
Aberdeen
cordobabrendy said:
no buzzing but at idle when it flickers a bit you can hear a quiet ticking. im not sure if im going to keep this one as i said, i was thinking of something like this, but the white background on my current one seems appealing too..
http://www.xyberautos.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=423

I've just done the same as your going to do, swap out the Savage gauges for the AutoGauge ones. Heres a pic if it helps you decide.
:thumbup:
Sorry for the crap pic but it was a dull day and took it with me phone!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise