My Cordoba Coupe Trackday Car Project

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Braved the frost/cold today to fit my new brake setup of Mk4 Ibiza Cupra Seat Sport AP 4 piston calipers & 312mm discs. Sorted out the troublesome brakes unions a a couple of weeks ago that prevented me from fitting them back in August last year

AP20.jpg

The calipers themselves have been 'adapted' to fit by altering the offset of the lugs by around 5-6mm to suit the 6k hub.

APmods.jpg

Even with spacious 16x7 Compomotive Mo's, clearence is very tight (note the bare metal where I've been filing so it doesn't foul the wheel! From the sedate test drive I had - they've plenty of bite and the ABS goes on overtime.

AP21.jpg

With the wheel on,

Cordy2.jpg

The whole car, too damn coldto get covered in water washing it

Cordy1.jpg

Some bits for the engine arrived this week, would of been rude not to trial fit them:funk:

Jenveyd.jpg

Next stop, fitting the Coilovers & ARBs[B)]

Last edited:

Triple D

Looks good mate, did you buy them brand new? or have they been bedded in? Ive got the 312's on my mk4 ibiza and they are a massive improvement over the standard 288's so the ap ones should be even better. They'll stop you pretty quickly aswell once up to temperature.:D

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
cordobabrendy said:
very very nice stu, loving the brakes and spoiler, you really need to put some air into the front tyres tho!!

I always run 20psi at the front. whenever I want to use the airline at Morrisons theres a long que

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
spaniels fr said:
Looks good mate, did you buy them brand new? or have they been bedded in? Ive got the 312's on my mk4 ibiza and they are a massive improvement over the standard 288's so the ap ones should be even better. They'll stop you pretty quickly aswell once up to temperature.:D

Calipers are brand new and got them for £220 the pair minus link tubes, just fitted them today and done only 5 miles thus far

Triple D

F2 Stu said:
Calipers are brand new and got them for £220 the pair minus link tubes, just fitted them today and done only 5 miles thus far
Thats a bargain where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Fleabay special - there not pristine examples as the finish was damaged when I got them but they had never seen a car, tho I had to make my own link tubes, source own fittings etc

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
looking good stu i want some,they will slap straight on the vrs,but i never seem to have the moola.
cars looking very mad max ;)

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Stu, looking damn good mate !! :D

Those stoppers should be the trick, and by the looks of the engine toys, you're going to need something with a bit of bite to them !!! :D

When you fit the coilies, let me know the state of the susp that comes off..... ;) ;)

Andy

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
F2 Stu said:
Std 312x25 leon/Ibiza/TT/Octy jobies

Not stood on them yet, the ABS is certainly active (wheres the damn fuse?)
bloody hell its on the tip of my tongue,its relay ?? top right i think stu,damn my memory,its in haynes mate,i dug it out for bill yonks back,it may in still on the forums somewhere

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Gave em a bit more stick tonight, 100>50mph certainly proved 'interesting':)

Got some binding tho when doing the above, think I'll have too take a bit more metal off where its tight (like a mm clearence:-o )

Re: suspension, I've no idea what origin its is & how much exactly it lowers by or the milage its covered.
Ride is'nt harsh but firm if a touch underdamped (m0rk will confirm this)
Ive no intention of keeping them (providing the FK's are trouble free) so they will be up for grabs .

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members