F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I've crosschecked FK's catologe and I have the correct kit for the car

mount1.jpg

mount2.jpg

It just seems when you place the top mount on mit bearing, theres bugger all thread left for the retainer & nut :think:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i've some new gloves in the van stu,thin cotton with rubber palms and fingers,great for working on the car,thicker than pvc ones and not so sweaty,not tried them with fiddly bits yet though.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I hate gloves, cant do any fiddly jobs with em.

Anyway, the suspension is on - sussed out the top mount issue - I did have it upside down and I also discarded the nut & springwasher that came with the kit, fitted fine with loads of thread.

Got the front end bob on level where I want it first time round, the rear however is about 2" higher than it was - looks like a cat on heat:D

The platform adjusters seem odd, Ive nipped them against each other yet I can still twist them on the thread:think:

Strutbrace is on, (dented it with a bit of violence where needed:) ) as is the rear ARB (leaving the front std for now)

And I now have a flat battery:doh:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i did notice the spring washer last night,and thought"mmmm is that really necessary"

honest

golden

Its looking good stu although could do with a clean :happy:
Some very smart bits you are putting on there.
How much where the FK coilovers and did you fit them yourself?

Golden

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
That's a look I often subscribe to - if anyone can figure out a way of stopping that clean patch on the driver's side skirt, I'd be grateful...

P.S. I think you need to change the blue centre caps.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Feel said:
That's a look I often subscribe to - if anyone can figure out a way of stopping that clean patch on the driver's side skirt, I'd be grateful...
lift your dress up a little when you get in and out,and make sure its not hanging out of the door when you close it emily:D