My Cordoba Coupe Trackday Car Project

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
the work continues..............

This weekend amongst the passing showers & other jobs I installed my Corbeau seat & 4 point harness

Corbeau.jpg

My frame mount worked ok, except when i got the seat bolted in it wasnt sitting level:confused: , so packed it around 5mm one side to sort that one out.

Once that bit was sorted I realised I had no method of anchoring the shoulder straps:doh:

bracket.jpg

So I dashed into work to make up a bracket that bolts to the exist rear seat belt points - this is a temporary measure until the cage is installed.

bucket.jpg

Also fitted a B&M short shift, had to strip the entire centre console out as I needed to dent a bit of metal & cut the carpet/chip away the sound deadening to extract the pivot rod but otherwise a peace of cake to fit.

The throw (or lack off) is good but its highlighted what my 02A box is prone to suffering:(

next up is the exhuast when I get my profiles:censored:

Last edited:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Ive allready used that tool on the car, I bent somthing I shoulden't of:redface:

I'm off to halfords before the trackday at Brands hatch tommorow to get another knob, it shifts ok, perhaps a little corsely compared to how it was - somthing I'll get used to I think.

Time for some long overdue Pasty!:funk:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Did a couple of things today

Oil change - chucked some engine fluch stuff in too, never seen so much crap come out, had a little trouble getting the sump plug undone, ended up swinging on it with a 3' breaker bar I'd normally use on wheel nuts!

Coilovers - dropped the back another 15mm, sits nicely

Tailpipes2.jpg

Exhuast - Fitted the catback portion of the new Jetex Cordoba Cupra 20vt exhuast system - went together a treat even though I had to trim the rear valence of the bumper to accomadate the tailpipes, quick work with a 4.5" grinder:)

I think I've gone deaf though:blink:

Last edited:

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Those twin pipes look nice and subtle Stu !! ;)

When you say you think you've gone deaf, is that because of the grinder or because of the noise from the exhaust ?!? :D

Looks like it's a pretty staight swap..... something worth think about when I eventually get another 2.0 16v !!!

Got any side on pics of the car with the rear lowered ?!?

Andy

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
When I mean I've gone deaf its actually pretty quiet, tootling along around a ton and no droning whatsoever.

its got to coke up yet so that might change a little.

Not got any side on views of it since I adjusted it, I also washed 6 months of filth off it:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.