05 Plate Ibizas and Seat Assistance...

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Looking at the paper work that comes with the car it only came with 2 years Seat Assistance but 3 years of warranty!

I'm pretty sure mine is coming to an end at the moment yet I have heard nothing from Seat to ask me if I would like to extend the Seat Assistance etc. What have other people done? The AA, RAC?

What I don't get is if the engine falls out its covered under warranty but I have to pay to get the vehicle recovered in the 3rd year! That doesn't seem right!

mattyfab

FR TDi
Jun 12, 2006
Barnsley
VW diesel engines dont break, so you'll be ok,lol.

Seriously though, not sure how that works. Surely if u break down and its something thats repairable under warranty, they'd come and pick the car up????

Mine was an import so not sure where I stand warranty wise anyway. Suppose having it re-mapped wipes it out anyway:confused:

Aimez

Mine runs out in November too so il be goin with RAC full membership for breakdowns as well as post accident recovery!
Don't usee AA they no longer come out between 2am and 6 am, sounds like you wouldn't be about then but you never know!

Poverty

Rang seat assistance when I hit the kerb and they sent out the AA prompt. 2nd time however my car brokedown at 9pm on a sunday, rang seat assist, got put straight through the AA and they say they have no record of my car and cant send out a recovery truck, and that they also had no record of someone recovering me the 3 weeks earlier either [:@]

Put yeah I wouldnt bother with breakdown cover unless the car was 5 years or older or had over 50,000miles. A perfectly looked after car shouldnt have any real issues.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Put yeah I wouldnt bother with breakdown cover unless the car was 5 years or older or had over 50,000miles. A perfectly looked after car shouldnt have any real issues.

Its a Seat though so it need recovery...

I'm mad about this as our 52 plate ibiza came with 5 years seat assist.

Its a joke. They do everything they can to try and stop people buying another Seat and this is the final straw for me.

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
yeah i have the same problem, at the end of the year i will have to take out recovery but will still have a year of warranty cover. to be honest im probably gonna run the risk of not breaking down and wont bother taking out a recovery policy, but it is extremely annoying!!!!!!!!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
My 04 plate FR came with 5 years SEAT Assist which is handy. My Zurich insurance also includes their own assistance package which is a bit annoying. Hopefully one of them will pick up the bits if the worst happens.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Mine runs out in November too so il be goin with RAC full membership for breakdowns as well as post accident recovery!
Don't usee AA they no longer come out between 2am and 6 am, sounds like you wouldn't be about then but you never know!

How does yours run out in November? If it was first registered in 04 didn't it come with 5 years seat assist? Or did they have a brief period of giving 3 years cover away before dropping it down to two?

Worth checking your docs!

ALTEA

How does yours run out in November? If it was first registered in 04 didn't it come with 5 years seat assist? Or did they have a brief period of giving 3 years cover away before dropping it down to two?

Worth checking your docs!

I can confirm the dates that the length of time for seat assistance changed but

my 2001 leon had 3 years cover
my 04 54 altea has 5 years cover
and then more recent cars have 2 years cover.

ALTEA

Rang seat assistance when I hit the kerb and they sent out the AA prompt. 2nd time however my car brokedown at 9pm on a sunday, rang seat assist, got put straight through the AA and they say they have no record of my car and cant send out a recovery truck, and that they also had no record of someone recovering me the 3 weeks earlier either [:@]

I had the same problem with my altea the AA said that they had no record of my vehicle, i rang seat the next day and they said that the aa will recover your car its just that their dateabase has'nt been updated with the cars that are under seat assistance.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE

what if you drive through a pot hole and get 2 flat tyres?

Poverty

I had the same problem with my altea the AA said that they had no record of my vehicle, i rang seat the next day and they said that the aa will recover your car its just that their dateabase has'nt been updated with the cars that are under seat assistance.

I see, not very good practice by the AA then.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
You think Seat are bad... I only got one year of AA cover from Ford when I bought my ST. :( Yet when I bought the Ibiza in 2003 I got 5 years off Seat.

Poverty

everyone seems to be cost cutting these days.

Just become a member with the AA or RAC when you actually break down. Thats what my mom did :D

T. Spark

This happened to me when my turbo finally blow up, rang them up and was told they didnt have me on file! Ggggrrr! I was told when i bought my 05 plate I had 5 years Seat Ass. :confused:

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
RAC had no problems recovering my mum's Merc when she wrote it off at 1AM - dropped it off outside our house for us (30 miles away) which we thought was pretty decent of them - even if everyone knew it'd been crashed then! :p.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise