1.8 TSI short shifter question

TGX

Oct 11, 2018
Hello folks!

So, I have a 1.8 TSI (BZB) Leon, pre-facelift, with the 6 speed gearbox. I’m currently looking to get a short shifter for my car. I found the forge one which has a good price, but when I checked under my hood the shifter looked nothing like the forge one..

I looked up the number on it (1K0 711 046 M) and it shows me that it’s a 2.5 Jetta 5 speed shifter, and also it has MQ250 written on it.

Now my questions are: Will the forge shifter still fit on my car? Or should I get a 5 speed shifter that will look like mine? Does anybody know a place in Europe where I could get one?

Thanks!

46B1340F-96BF-4211-96F8-A74BDDDC9875.jpeg

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hello folks!

So, I have a 1.8 TSI (BZB) Leon, pre-facelift, with the 6 speed gearbox. I’m currently looking to get a short shifter for my car. I found the forge one which has a good price, but when I checked under my hood the shifter looked nothing like the forge one..

I looked up the number on it (1K0 711 046 M) and it shows me that it’s a 2.5 Jetta 5 speed shifter, and also it has MQ250 written on it.

Now my questions are: Will the forge shifter still fit on my car? Or should I get a 5 speed shifter that will look like mine? Does anybody know a place in Europe where I could get one?

Thanks!

View attachment 15119
Hi mate I’d email forge directly and ask them for a part number of the correct forge shifter. I don’t think the shape of it should effect the shifting as you need to realign the cables anyway after fitting but to be on the safe side I’d email forge motorsport.

TGX

Oct 11, 2018
Hi mate I’d email forge directly and ask them for a part number of the correct forge shifter. I don’t think the shape of it should effect the shifting as you need to realign the cables anyway after fitting but to be on the safe side I’d email forge motorsport.

Never thought about that mate! Thanks!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.