10k boost for TDi and petrol..... anyone used it???

tdi_chris

2012 Leon 1.2 Tsi Copa SE
Apr 6, 2007
West Bromwich
www.myspace.com
hi just a quick question!

Has anybody on here used the product called 10k boost which is available from most good car accessory shops?

Its kinda like redex except you spray it through the air intake and rev the car at the same time for 15minutes to get all of the crap out of the system.

I used it on my 02 saxo vtr and it really did improve the performance, just wondering if anyone has used it on a beeza and how would i use it on my TDI?

It says to spray it through the turbo air-intake...... is this just my normal intake after my airbox???? if not can someone provide pics, its a 1.4tdi

Thanx!!! :)

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Never tried this product but if you do I'd spray it after the MAF. If you spray it before the MAF then it could FUBAR your MAF. I go for the redex stuff personally. Spraying stuff into your intake :think:

Image003.jpg

Red tube is the TIP (Yours will be black) Turbo Inlet Pipe, MAF is the black plastic housing.

Last edited:

tdi_chris

2012 Leon 1.2 Tsi Copa SE
Apr 6, 2007
West Bromwich
www.myspace.com
cool cheers m8, never had a diesel or a turbo before so just curious. it is safe to use providing you know where to spray the stuff!

i've used it on 3 cars now and they run so much better after using it. you only have to use it every 10,000 miles hence why its called 10k boost.

Cheers m8!

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Never tried this product but if you do I'd spray it after the MAF. If you spray it before the MAF then it could FUBAR your MAF. I go for the redex stuff personally. Spraying stuff into your intake :think:

Image003.jpg

Red tube is the TIP (Yours will be black) Turbo Inlet Pipe, MAF is the black plastic housing.

Ric I don't suppose you have a full pic of your engine bay do you?

Cheers

Mike

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Image000-1.jpg

Lots of bits need doing under here...... The boost gauge pipe that running along the strut brace need to go under it... Bottom left corner is waiting on the hose being developed by forge. Underneath the cover I've bypassed the N249 valve but all that needs to be in red pipeing. Air filter need binning want to go back to standard air box. Air filter has fallen off the seconard air pump, that needs a new pipe if I go back to standard air box. Top mounts some how have lost their covers. Somehow the S badge has broke all its clips bar 1. Right air vent has a big chip in it needs replacing. 20vt badger has lost its chrome and turned black. Want some covers for the oil cap, dip stick, coolant lid etc. But under the bonnet is next once ICE and rear strut brace are finished.

Last edited:

f1btn

hi just a quick question!

Has anybody on here used the product called 10k boost which is available from most good car accessory shops?

Its kinda like redex except you spray it through the air intake and rev the car at the same time for 15minutes to get all of the crap out of the system.

I used it on my 02 saxo vtr and it really did improve the performance, just wondering if anyone has used it on a beeza and how would i use it on my TDI?

It says to spray it through the turbo air-intake...... is this just my normal intake after my airbox???? if not can someone provide pics, its a 1.4tdi

Thanx!!! :)

You can use it no problem on that car you need to spray it in through the airflow meter just disconnect the airbox and spray the whole can in there and get someone else to hold the revs up to the recommended 2-2.5k it shouldnt cause any problems to the airflow meter as its not an oil but a detergent of sorts just be careful not to spray to much of it directly at the hotwire part of it.
We have sold loads of this stuff to local taxi drivers (mainly skoda octavia's)
and they always recommend it to there friends so.

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Can someone explain to me what this type of product does to an engine please?

Surely if you stick to a regular service routine, use good quality engine oil and SEAT approved parts as may be needed, the engine doesn't need this kind of stuff? :confused:

Regards Guy.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
dnt think the seat sport engine cover will fit the derv!

ric that silicone hose forge are making is taking donkey's!!!!!!

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Not sure this answers my question so for now I'll stick to regular services and good engine oil. :)

Regards Guy.

10k boost is supposed to loosen all the carbon deposits which can gather in your inlet manifold, engine and exhaust system, basically decokes and derestricts everything so that nothing is clogged up, restoring the engine to full power!

Shud use summin like this along with a fuel system cleaner to make sure ur car is in tip top working order, especially if your car gets alot of stop start driving around town and its legs aren't stretched very often!

Just servicing regularly and using good oil wont stop carbon deposits building up or injectors getting clogged!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise