Cupra R 2008 Stg 2+ Boost Issue

Sep 21, 2023
Hi guys, new here!

I'm hoping you guys can help me, I have a Cupra R 2008, Stage 2 + tuning etc all done by R Tech..

I have had some issues with the car in my ownership, but they went away.... now they are back! :(

So the car is not boosting at all really. I've had the issue before when I didnt drive the car for around a week, the car just didnt boost for a couple of days, then the boost came back, random?

Now it only seems to throw a wobbler after long journeys, drove it long distance a couple times over the weekend, (approx 3-400 miles) didn't bat an eyelid, it was great, some amazing roads up in the lake district!

I get in the car the morning after and once again, my full boost has disappeared, feels like an N/A car, still goes well but it's like there is no turbo. You can hear the induction kit sucking in air and i think the turbo is doing something but never gets to the silly pressure it used to.

I have changed the div valve, that didnt make a difference. I've got a conversation with R-Tech soon, probably going to get it booked in with them, but i was hoping if you guys have ever had this issue, what might it be? I thought maybe the actuator has failed? OR am I looking at a new K04? Anyone had similar symptoms?

I found when the car did boost, it was hard to control the boost, it was like on or off, sometimes the boost would pop in randomly as if something is getting stuck...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Tom

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.