18 inch buckle

hawkx617

Mar 18, 2024
I went into a pothole/bomb crater last night. Luckily my new PS5s were on the back, but today at the garage I've got a tear in the front tyre (joy). I also have a 'slightly buckled wheel' - unsure yet how bad it is (or if it's cracked), but trying to get the ball rolling.

Obviously if cracked or badly buckled then it'll be a new wheel, but if just slightly buckled, do we reckon repair or replace? Any ideas how much I should be paying for this?

I'm 21 and at uni - whilst I'm quite mechanically clued up, I've got no ideas about wheels or anything. I'll stick an update here once I've seen the wheel/heard more.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you guys!

• Sad
Reactions: Walone

hawkx617

Mar 18, 2024
Worth chasing the council re this? Do you have a dashcam?
Thankfully, yes!

I'll be chasing them up for sure - I've got full front and rear footage, and the hole itself is covering half of a single track lane, with no warning or even a yellow line around it. No doubt they'll try and get out of it (Hampshire County Council is about to go bankrupt AFAIK), but definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: Walone and H Rafiq

hawkx617

Mar 18, 2024
Complete side note, but - the wheels on the car atm are SEAT OE 18's. I believe they are 18x7.5.

Anyone have any thoughts on 18x8? They seem far easier to get hold of, and Revo, Bola, etc do some decent options.

The O/S front alloy will need replacing. Still waiting to hear about the rear.

Last edited: