190bhp Cordy

mr noisy

Jun 10, 2009
Also just to add AMD done a black mini little while ago and South Coast Performance done the same car with no changes and it was 0.9bhp diffrent so im sure there rollers are fine unless all your cars are also wrong ... But as said already you are welcome to come down to the company and prove me otherwise

xcore

Nov 15, 2007
sorry but i dont think its cammed either, A the idle is smooth, B it feels no faster, maybe even slightly slower then my mk3 golf ABF i have currently

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
sorry but i dont think its cammed either, A the idle is smooth, B it feels no faster, maybe even slightly slower then my mk3 golf ABF i have currently

If the idling is smooth then it's no chance! Mine's lumpy as hell on idle

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Looks like I missed a good old 'chat' in this thread before icecavern deleted a load of posts :lol:

As has already been said, it's std internals and std engine management, and will be putting out about 160-165Bhp, definitely not 190Bhp.

It's another case of Dyno lottery I'm afraid. Unless you do two dyno's with exactly the same ambient environmental conditions (air pressure, humidity, temp etc etc) then you can't really compare them like-for-like.

mr noisy

Jun 10, 2009
well as said already im sure there must be another member down in the south east to come see and we also re-run the car today just for sure and guess what ... 189.9BHP so guess its correct

The car is not smooth on tickover also the limiter was about 7200 and the grath did not back off at all only because it hit limiter

As for what the car was like ....well maybe without split pipes and a dead dizzy also the cambelt out a tooth it did hold back some and this was sorted all in the first week inc the bodge of the exhaust that was on it

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
What you seem to be ignoring is that that car has been owned by several members of this forum, so we know it's history. It's impossible to have 190bhp, especially without cams etc. ( Unless it's got a 20vt under the bonnet )

But you're stating yourself it's slower than the heavier Mk3 Golf with the same engine. So how can 190bhp be correct?

I'd ask South Coast Performance for all your money back that you've spent on those RR sessions. :lol:

Pete

mr noisy

Jun 10, 2009
well instead of bitching and slaging of a company you have not even been too how bout one of you just come down to the company to see whats what and tell them that there rollers are out even better put your car on the rollers ....!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Settle petal - no need to get all tetchy

If your company gives you the numbers you want, then that's fine.

All I know is that when I ran that car, it was the same as MY car. and was in the same state as when it was sold on.

As a point, even if it has had all the head & cam work done (since you bought it - because it wasn't done before) then it still won't push a real 190bhp regardless of dyno, decat etc... the standard injection cannot push it.

If it's on a lucky dyno, then hell, why not ask them to turn the humidity up a bit on the system & get >200

But don't go on a rant, and highlight your signature (which is against the rules) to Moderators, and Admin

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
I remember Little Chris (RIP) done all the work possible on his Cordy.. Cams, Bored etc etc and only managed to peak at 172bhp! And that was a shed load of money!

Mr Noisy - Have you thought about taking your car to another Garage and put on Rollers? I.E. AMD or JKM etc? I know it's about the Dyno Lottery (again) but would be interesting to see what the car makes?

Just a thought :)

mr noisy

Jun 10, 2009
I will do at some point but thats another reason i said about one of you people coming down

Jay27

Hey peps I now own this car and I also don't beleave it's a 190bhp lol but south coast are a realy good company so don't know what went on.anyway the car seems all good I just gota sort out the cat bodge (been welded to manifold and med sec ? ) for it's mot then gona give a good old service and sum well needed tlc.the car no longer has them black headlights and it needs a new bonnet.It wud nice to know sum history about this car if anybody knows anything.dident get told much when bought it on tuesday lol.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Hey peps I now own this car and I also don't beleave it's a 190bhp lol but south coast are a realy good company so don't know what went on.anyway the car seems all good I just gota sort out the cat bodge (been welded to manifold and med sec ? ) for it's mot then gona give a good old service and sum well needed tlc.the car no longer has them black headlights and it needs a new bonnet.It wud nice to know sum history about this car if anybody knows anything.dident get told much when bought it on tuesday lol.

2nd post down.

I know it pretty well as I know three of the past owners

Jay27

Just a update I got the cat replaced today and a new badge seat badge for the bck and a standard front grill for and sorted out the rear seat belt as the dident retract lol.so shud be ready for mot next weekend

eurorob

Feb 4, 2010
rollers can be messed with and figures altered, my mate had his astra gsi turbo on a rr day and they told him it was 90bhp because it had an air leak from a faulty dump valve, he then took it to regal 3days later to have the problem sorted (even tho it didnt drive any different) they put it on there rollers and it made 330bhp, the guys on the first rr day were obviously after scamming people