Snapped coil spring

Feb 26, 2024
Hi all

The coil spring on my 2016 Ibiza Cupra has snapped on the drivers side and, having contacted SEAT for a replacement part (as my local mechanic could not order from their supplier), SEAT have given an excuse about the part being manufactured in Russia and, because of the war etc, they cannot get it. They waited 7 days to tell me this…

SEAT have advised I either wait an unknown amount of time for them to get it, or I ordered a replacement part from another source. I have therefore ordered a pair of these (https://www.autodoc.co.uk/suplex/9676787) and hope they will fit, as they match the OEM part number provided by SEAT.

Can somebody be kind enough to confirm they will? The car is on the stock sports suspension.

Many thanks

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I seem to like Lesjofors as an aftermarket road spring manufacturer, also I think that quite a few Motor Factors stock and/or source springs from them. There is an online catalogue.

I have not checked for your specific road springs though - good luck!

I had to wait a couple of months for the RHS engine mounting to come back into stock for my 2011 Audi S4 - I hear that there are lots of issues with sourcing car parts at the moment.

Edit:- I hope that you are planning to replace both front springs, along with top mountings, top bearings and all associated bolts.

Last edited:

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Hi all

The coil spring on my 2016 Ibiza Cupra has snapped on the drivers side and, having contacted SEAT for a replacement part (as my local mechanic could not order from their supplier), SEAT have given an excuse about the part being manufactured in Russia and, because of the war etc, they cannot get it. They waited 7 days to tell me this…

SEAT have advised I either wait an unknown amount of time for them to get it, or I ordered a replacement part from another source. I have therefore ordered a pair of these (https://www.autodoc.co.uk/suplex/9676787) and hope they will fit, as they match the OEM part number provided by SEAT.

Can somebody be kind enough to confirm they will? The car is on the stock sports suspension.

Many thanks
If part number matches then they’ll fit, make sure to do both to save yourself time when the other one goes

Why could the mechanic not just order from somewhere else?

Feb 26, 2024
Thanks for your replies. I have ordered two springs from AUTODOC and will have the car recovered to the garage when the springs arrive.

I have, however, read about quite long wait times with AUTODOC so I’m tempted to put H&R lowering springs on, as I can collect them from Euro Car Parts tomorrow and have them fitted by the end of this week.

Reactions: GringAddict

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
You should factor in 10 >14 days for deliveries from Germany, ie Autodoc.

For a car like Cupra, I would always make sure that I've dug deep, as many aftermarket suppliers, end up offering a range of say 4 or 5 springs that is meant to cover say 8 >12, or more car manufacturer's part numbers.

After I posted to this thread yesterday, I checked that spring brand I listed and they offered nothing for my 2011 Audi S4 - I am okay with that as they were being honest, and now I know that I can't buy their offer for my car, but they do provide springs for my wife's 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI.

GringAddict

Dec 22, 2023
Manchester, UK
Thanks for your replies. I have ordered two springs from AUTODOC and will have the car recovered to the garage when the springs arrive.

I have, however, read about quite long wait times with AUTODOC so I’m tempted to put H&R lowering springs on, as I can collect them from Euro Car Parts tomorrow and have them fitted by the end of this week.
That’s what I’d do, for the price it’s not even a contest. I don’t know how much you know about cars but they are very easy to fit, just watch your fingers ha!

Also, if you go for lowering springs then do all 4. You didn’t specify but I think it’ll be the rear that snapped, they always go first. You don’t want the rear lower than the front. Front lower than rear is common for turn in on track but you don’t want it the other way around!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I was questioning that as this car was VOR, that it was a front spring that had failed, also, in my experience it is the springs that are more heavily loaded that fail first.

Edit:- spelling correction!

Last edited: