2017 Seat Leon rear door behind driver- foot well is very wet

Jan 12, 2024
Hello,
Wondering if anyone can help me?
I have a 2017 Sean Leon FR and a week ago noticed the footwell behind the drivers seat to be full of water. Observed the seal at the base of the electric window to be out of line so assumed it was that and booked it in to be repaired with local garage. They said they throughly checked the door (taking internal panel off to inspect and holding hose on externally) and wasn’t sure if it was due to that but did replace seal anyway and no water appeared. We have had no further heavy rain since then but yesterday I did throughly wash my car. This morning have checked foot well again and it feels damp. Have observed some water under the seal that goes all the way around the internal door so took it back to garage today where they are going to order a new seal and replace even though it doesn’t look damaged. They have slightly adjusted the alignment of the door too. I have contacted local Seat garage to ask if this is something they are aware of but to be honest they weren’t very helpful. We have just moved to a new area (Leicester) so got recommendation of the garage trying to help us from another garage who couldn’t fit us in. It’s been quite stressful with an unwell baby and living house! Seat advised they couldn’t look at it for at least a month with how busy they are but I can’t wait that long if it’s not resolved by current garage we are using. Have used carpet vacuum and heater to get water up but don’t want there to be longer term damage/ damp/ mould. My daughters car seat (expansive!) is on the other side and have removed it because any damp or mould makes it unsafe to use so it’s having a wider impact. I am also starting my community nursing job soon so need a fully functioning car. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do next / try/ suggest to garage or anyone local in Leicester / surrounding area that knows what’s going on. Trying to have a plan C because plan A and B haven’t worked! Many thanks in advance

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Afraid I dont know the answer but a few questions.

Does you car have a pan roof if so have you checked the drain plugs are all working as expected.

Have you checked the tailgate fitting to see if any water is getting in there

Have you looked under the rear seats to check if its wet there as well.

Finally is there any damp in the front or is it confined to the rear.

Jan 12, 2024
Afraid I dont know the answer but a few questions.

Does you car have a pan roof if so have you checked the drain plugs are all working as expected.

Have you checked the tailgate fitting to see if any water is getting in there

Have you looked under the rear seats to check if its wet there as well.

Finally is there any damp in the front or is it confined to the rear.
Thanks for your response. I’m not sure if those things were checked when it’s been the garage but will ask them again as it’s in again
Are you asking those questions to see if there could be another source?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for your response. I’m not sure if those things were checked when it’s been the garage but will ask them again as it’s in again
Are you asking those questions to see if there could be another source?
yes water can get into the car via many places.

Attachments

• D4B804EFC26-Manual_for_locating_water_entries.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.