Why is my heating not working? We’re just getting freezing cold air in.

Jan 19, 2024
Hey everyone, I hope someone can help us figure this out. My partner has a Seat Leon 2014 2.0 TDI FR (5 Door) and we’ve been having a heating and coolant issue. The fans work but we get no heat from it. Every once in a while after a couple weeks we’ll get a random smell of coolant coming into the car through the vents but it’s not every day we drive. The coolant levels do drop more than it probably should compared to normal but it’s not constantly running out every week type bad. We last topped up about a month ago when we decided to change out the coolant header tank because it was cracked (we hoped that would fix the issue but it didn’t). We noticed a pool of liquid once under the engine but the garage said they didn’t see the puddle when they checked twice as they put the car up for a different issues. They also couldn’t seem to see any leaks/broken pipes. We considered the heater matrix is bad but we don’t have these issues: We don’t have issues with interior windows fogging up, the engine isn’t over heating at all, there’s no leaking fluid on the passenger side. We want to see what people think before taking it to the garage because we’re too broke at the minute 😅

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.