2005 Altea Sport specification.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Does anyone have a link to a brochure for the specification and trim level of the 2.0 tdi Sport model from 2005?

I've possibly found the car I've been looking for, and the spec is a little vague. Just want to know what it should have before I start travelling 230 miles to find out it hasn't got climate control or a spare wheel etc.

Thanks in advance.

Tell

Staff member
Well Sport will have Climate Control but the spare wheel was optional - 99.9999 % sure on that one. Auto dipping mirror should be there as well [99.9999 % sure on that as well]. Probably hasn't got MP3, won't have bluetooth. May or may not have a CD changer in armrest, depends if ordered. May or may not have reversing sensors, ditto. Sunshine roof, ditto. That's about it. The Sport was a nice car :).

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Well Sport will have Climate Control but the spare wheel was optional - 99.9999 % sure on that one. Auto dipping mirror should be there as well [99.9999 % sure on that as well]. Probably hasn't got MP3, won't have bluetooth. May or may not have a CD changer in armrest, depends if ordered. May or may not have reversing sensors, ditto. Sunshine roof, ditto. That's about it. The Sport was a nice car :).

That's the sort of thing I need to know, thanks. But that was going to be the next part of my question. It was the base spec I was looking for (as that particular model has been discontinued now) and then I could find out what was possibly an added option over the top.

There must be somewhere I can find the base spec from. Would the dealers have an old spec list?

robint

Apr 12, 2006
UK, Essex
Base spec from MY2005 catalogue...

Over and above the base spec for Alteas generally:
Front fogs
Coming home headlight function
Elec adjust and park mirrors (not heated):cry:
Dark tint rear windows
5 spoke alloys (16")
Climate contol
Elec rear windows
Illuminated sun visors
6sp gearbox (or DSG) - Tiptronic option on FSi
Sports suspension
Cruise
Auto dip rear mirror
ESP deactivation and EBA
Trip computer
Driver & passenger height and lumbar adjust
2 height boot:D
Pass Airbag on/off key and interior button switch for alarm
Sports seats (rear ones not sliding)
Steering wheel controls for audio (telphone/bluetooth options)
Bluetooth, 6CD, parking sensors, MP3, sun roof, 17" alloys, autolights/wipers all extra cost options along with Bixenon, sat nav etc. Leather not offered.

and my FSI SPort (from March 2005) is standard spec

Hope this helps

Tell

Staff member
Over and above the base spec for Alteas generally:
Front fogs
Coming home headlight function
Elec adjust and park mirrors (not heated):cry:
Dark tint rear windows
5 spoke alloys (16")
Climate contol
Elec rear windows
Illuminated sun visors
6sp gearbox (or DSG) - Tiptronic option on FSi
Sports suspension
Cruise
Auto dip rear mirror
ESP deactivation and EBA
Trip computer
Driver & passenger height and lumbar adjust
2 height boot:D
Pass Airbag on/off key and interior button switch for alarm
Sports seats (rear ones not sliding)
Steering wheel controls for audio (telphone/bluetooth options)
Bluetooth, 6CD, parking sensors, MP3, sun roof, 17" alloys, autolights/wipers all extra cost options along with Bixenon, sat nav etc. Leather not offered.

and my FSI SPort (from March 2005) is standard spec

Hope this helps

Yes but in the sports model of that year the following are included, thrown in, now many have been dumped and are extras [moral buy the car when new and you know what you are getting after that the build quality goes down I reckon and second hand it's a lucky dip as to what you get]:

• Front fogs
  • Coming home headlight function
  • Elec adjust and park mirrors (not heated):cry:
  • Dark tint rear windows
  • 5 spoke alloys (16") *** pass on this ... *** whatever the sport had ***
  • Climate contol
  • Elec rear windows
  • Illuminated sun visors
  • 6sp gearbox (or DSG) - Tiptronic option on FSi *** DSG optional ***
  • Sports suspension
  • Cruise
  • Auto dip rear mirror
  • ESP deactivation and EBA
  • Trip computer
  • Driver & passenger height and lumbar adjust
  • 2 height boot:D
  • Pass Airbag on/off key and interior button switch for alarm
  • Sports seats (rear ones not sliding)
  • Steering wheel controls for audio (telphone/bluetooth options) *** you won't have bluetooth I reckon ***

So they are included as standard on the sport... the leaflet was never clear, you had to use other sources or carefully work out what it meant.

It's only the parking sensor, the 17" wheels, the sunshine roof and the DSG you paid extra to get... which I did... oh and the full sized spare wheel, options, none, or slim or full size as I recall, think slim was an options.

So stuff to look out for in this year is just those things in the para above, unless it's an import from Ireland - LOL... and that is different.

mjr600

Apr 19, 2007
I have an 05 Sport Spec TDi with DSG, the previous mentioned spec is correct although only my front passenger seat has the lumbar adjustment which is frankly odd, it must be a carry over from the LHD models.

My car has the 17" wheels and I think it looks so much better on those than the 16's, the arches are better filled and the car just looks more purposeful.

Tell

Staff member
When I bought my 17" wheeled one I wasn't really into the subject of what it feels like [a go-cart], now I know why Honest John rubbishes cars with 17 and 18" wheel and plus. Obviously you can get into the ride if you treat the trip down to the tube station as a fun event when you hit the local councils pot holes. I really don't think British roads are up to low profile wheels, German ones are [make Klawit happy], they are far more sensible and get the roads sorted out.

Lumbar support, you may be right.... I don't often sit in the passenger side .... it might be there, I have it adjusted down. The point is that with the Sport model until Seat dumped it you got all the extras, granted not the chilled glove box, the heated wing mirrors or heated seats [I can't really see why one would want one either way, I don't have a cold bum myself although people who buy leather say it makes a difference]. Oh yes and don't forget that you also got the swanky engine cover as well, must write my name on that least the garage nicks it.

One can't help but think that Seat damage their reputation by down sizing the spec several years latter after release, so us fully specified guys can say that they are making the cars more cheaply now and guys looking for second hand ones get steamed up about what is and is not in the spec looking for that bargain. Just don't mention the new Toledo since they wouldn't want you too ;).

Obviously fully specified FRs will have their day and get their spec down graded and dropped from the list at some point... [say twos years on currenrt trends] least we have engine covers... and double boots etc and so forth. The things that the car was designed to have in the first place but dropped off like an unfinished bathroom.

DSG is the way forward since the gear change is too close on the manuals and it's a dream to drive.

Norway

I had a MY2005 2.0 TDI Sport DSG, but it was written off a couple of weeks ago due to water in the engine and the interior (Loooong story; flooded road, car stalled, 3 1/2 hours to be rescued......not worth reopairing according to the insurance company).

I am looking to replace it with a like-for-like, but knowing SEAT that is not possible, they keep changing the spec. My dealer has found a Stylance 2.0 TDI with sports pack and sports suspension in the UK. It is MY2007. I want my new car quickly, hence not going for a made-to-order from the factory. I had to wait five months back in 2005!

Could anyone shed some light on whether it will have (at least) the same spec as the 2005 Sport? Do you know if it will have the passenger airbag disable key in the glove box? My MY2005 didn't.

Thanks!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members