2005 LEON TDI 150 FR (Newbie questions)

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I picked up my Leon yesterday and as there was no user manual I have a couple of questions if anyone can help:-

1) When I drive off the central locking locks all the doors. Is this a fault or feature? Can I turn this feature off if it is a feature?

2) Where is the clock? I'm guessing I need to press something on the radio or climate control?

Thanks

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
1) Feature, VAG-COM can probably turn it off.

2) The clock is on the trip computer. Scroll through using the button on the end of the wiper stalk.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Doors locking is a security feature - you can turn it off using VAGCOM, but you'll probably find you get used to it.
The clock should be under the rev counter.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
It's a feature, matey. In a grim world it's to stop your doors being opened when you stop at a junction or traffic lights, from the outside. It's a feature people pay for when buying Cat 1 alarm systems and the like.

You could probably disable it through the brain, but why would you want to? Just let your passengers know they need to tug on the door release handles twice rather than assume it's stuck and tear them off.

The clock is encorporated into the trip computer. Head to the window washer/wiper stalk on your right and press the buttons on the end of the stalk to cycle through your trip computers data. One of them will be the clock.

Aside from that, hold tight for a more accurate answer on the second point, bud.

Welcome, and nice car :)

EDIT: Beat to it twice! Damn! Now I know how Rob "Slow Fingers" M feels.

Second edit: You've the FR 150 TDi.. so you definitely have the computer.. Sorry.. didn't read that well enough.

Last edited:

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Wow, thanks for all the quick replies!

I didn't even know I had a trip computer, I will check it out later (and probably ask how to use that as well) LOL

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
The clock is encorporated into the trip computer. Head to the window washer/wiper stalk on your right and press the buttons on the end of the stalk to cycle through your trip computers data. One of them will be the clock.

Shows how much I remember about my LCR :doh:

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Nah, you're right si-mate. It is located under the Rev Counter.. but you need to toggle the 'puter to show it :)

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
U sure the manual isnt under the steering wheel as thats where its supposed to go, there is a little slot for it.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
It is actually a bloody good computer on those cars. The one in my Navara is crap in comparison as it doesn't reset after a few hours :(

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Thanks schnipps, it was there under the steering column all the time.
Owners manual and radio manual were there as well as all the receipts for the servicing. Sweet

Thanks Guys this forum is awesome!

shaun 'e' Fish

correct load index/speed rating

is there anybody out there that would know the correct load index/spped rating for a 2005 seat leon fr (150) it has 225/45/17 fitted. on the back there a 91Y and on the front 91v all i want to now is what is the right one to have 91???? :confused: