A few questions

May 4, 2020
Hey,

Been lurking on here for a while now but never posted so here we go :)

Have tried searching but honestly just getting lost in the results. Basically looking to confirm that the Cupra Rs have the Cast Control arms, and therefore have the 45mm Bushings? Local places can't see parts for Cupra R only base model Leons for some reason.

So with that in mind just decided to go poly bush with most of them, so the next question is what do people recommend, car will mainly just be Road driven no track use etc, People still going with Power flex (purple)?

I also have an issue with the EGT constantly unscrewing itself causing a leak in the exhaust, from what I can see the threads on it are fine, but cannot really get to the manifold at the moment to check those, can this be re threaded or would getting another 2nd hand manifold be the way to go? Are there "new" manifolds for these at all or any kind of chinafolds that match OEM or are they more for upgraded turbos?

Last one :) Any advice for sealing the rocker cover? Have tried a few brands of Gasket none seem to be particularly good, tried with gasket and some sealer, tried only sealer, and only gasket, neither seem to last longer than a few months-ish before starting to leak at the exhaust side and unfortunately pools on the cold side of the turbo.(Checked and confirmed turbo feed/drains lines weren't leaking etc) Each time the surface is cleaned and stripped with a razor,then wiped down with alcohol and left to dry before reapplying. (head and cover)

Sorry I know these are probably asked a lot on here, but any help appreciated!

Cheers
Jake

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Suspension? Ok. Yes, the R has the cast arms, same as the Mk1 Audi TT. You can get Cookbots to reduce it to a 30mm.

Bushes, there's a few options, can't go wrong with Powerflex or Superpro. Everyone has their own opinion but unless you want camber adjustment (Powerflex) or increased caster (Superpro) then they're much of a muchness (just my opinion).

Best place to spend money would be bushes and anti roll bars

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members