A Wrap that Shouldnt Have Happened...

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
we are currently working on behalf of a very nice chap called steve

he's had this GTR for a year now and absolutely loves how the car drives but hated how it looked

after buying the car a little over a year ago with the wrap already installed he just wanted rid of it

he'd spoken with the original installer about all the visible issues and asked if they could be rectified or if there was anything he could do to improve it and was told very bluntly no !!

so he booked in with me about three months ago to have it taken off and to then replace with a correctly installed fresh wrap

my intention initially was to create a single thread showing both removal and replacement but now just a couple of days in i feel that would be too much in one go so have decided to list the removal and replacement separately

on arrival

looks ok from a distance

1.jpg

and a look at the visible issues

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

as you can see a truly tragic level of install that left me gob smacked !!

some indicators there of whats to come too

now at time people are a little shocked at how far apart we take cars to install but its with good reason

avoiding cutting on the car is a massive one as well as minimising patches and gaining a nice tidy install

areas such as the rear light having been burnt obviously wouldnt occur had the bumper and light unit been removed

ok so time to remove

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

43.jpg

45.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

now onto the really traumatic pictures

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

as you can see completely unbelievable - deep scores around all the items that had not been removed including spoiler bases / wing mirrors / weather seal at the base of the door glasses / wing mirrors and front wing vents / gtr flashes

in the photo below you can even see the edge of the ppf was dirty when the wrap went on

62.jpg

now thats the removal dealt with i will start a separate thread in a few days of what im sure will be a very happy ending ;o)

a couple of teasers of whats to come

car now properly prepared for an install

63.jpg

64.jpg

and the start of a fresh new start

65.jpg

66.jpg

thanks for looking

Reiss​

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
so glad i didn't have the Coffee mug near me :cry:

and people moan at having to pay more than £100 for roof, spoilers etc, as the saying goes 'you get what....' although sadly i reckon someone saw £££ signs, mmmm GTR, mug with more sense than money etc.

so glad i signwrite on commercials rather than wrapping cars although...:think: Ebay, cheap vinyl , money to be made here :cartman:

Good Luck

eta76

Flying dutchman
Jan 6, 2012
Oooh my god... My 6 year old could have done a bette job then that.

How could someone accept this, when you spend much money on a car like that.

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
To see in person its shocking really. The company that has done this is meant to be a highly respected, highly reputable member of the GTR scene... Really sad to see, especially on a car like this (n)

But as they say.. Every cloud has a silver lining so we're here to make it all better.

A full wrap thread to come soon guys :)

Crazy_Carl

Sep 14, 2012
Thats terrible how bad the finish is on that. I hate to think how much the person paid to get it done in white before and then to receive it like that.

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
Its a real shame

The owner bought it wrapped from a trader, noticed the issues a few month later and the person who wrapped it said hed do nothing to help...

Its a shame really, would look nice

The person who wrapped it markets this as the first pearl white gtr in the uk google says

Its not good but we're here to make it better for the owner and his wife :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
What a shame that such a stunning machine was wrecked like that!!! Don't start a new thread mate just keep updating this one. Cannot wait to see the finished result.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I'm shocked at how many Nissan gtr's A,get wrapped and B, get wrapped really badly. This is probably the 5th gtr is seen in a threat that's been ruined.

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
The gtr boys like the wraps so much because the paint on gtrs is quite soft and not that thick... So its easily damaged... So the idea of a wrap for them mainly is for protection... Plus you can do whatever with it and still not loose value as opposed to a respray :)

A full wrap correctly installed with proper prep will come off nicely leaving no glue and a quick hand polish and wax will protect the paint after removal

We redone a gtr earlier this year with another horrid wrap that we re-wrapped in a pearl blue/green which got quite famouse because of the tragic first attempt of a wrap

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
I have seen the pics of the pearl one, good quality wrap. Out of interest what's the ball park figure to wrap a gtr?

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
Cheers pal,

Prices all vary from material manufacture to colour and finish ..

Give us a call and we can quote to suit

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Not really the answer I was looking for, not looking to have it done I was just interested what a good job cost thats why i said ball park figure.Judging by your answer its bloody expensive lol.

T18_MPA

Mar 3, 2012
North East
Jesus that is so bad, anybody should know the basics of wrapping something, I've got my rear lights to tint with film and I wouldn't dare leave them on the car but can't be certain I won't burn them lol

s13ndo

Sep 1, 2011
Nottingham
so im sure this ones still fresh in everybody's mind from earlier this week

as much as its created a lot of fuss concerning who was the perpetrator we must still remember this is someones car and it is they who have been wronged

many stories have been bandied about and we are happy with the way we have handled the matter and the conclusions drawn

anyway onto the happy ending

after removal and prep

64.jpg

during install

65.jpg

66.jpg

wounds being sealed to prevent water ingress

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

we also replaced tints as they where very poorly done

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

tints being replaced

23.jpg

24.jpg

and complete

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

the total replacement of this disgrace of a wrap was the owners 60th birthday present to themselves so this is how we presented the car to them

46.jpg

all in all we spent 5 full days in removing and replacing and it was extremely rewarding to get another GTR back out there looking as it should

thanks for looking

Reiss​

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.