A4 / B7 Window Shades for an Exeo.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Hi, I'm looking to buy a set of model specific clip-in window shades. I've found a site selling them for the Audi A4 / B7 saloon but they are unable to confirm if they will also fit an Exeo. Can anyone confirm if the A4 / B7 windows are the same as the Exeo saloon?

Thanks

Andy.

Last edited:

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Only one way to find out.......................

I know, but I'd rather not spend the £100 to find out that they don't fit. I could return them but they charge a 20% handling fee on non-faulty returned items and I'd be liable for postage on top of that.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I've just received my "Privacy Shades" today from www.vanstyle.co.uk (ordered them on Sunday evening, got them on Tuesday morning - that's pretty quick) and can confirm that the A4 saloon (B7) shades are a perfect fit for the Exeo. Not only do they fit perfectly but they also look very good, are £100 cheaper than the SEAT ones and even include little shades for the rear quarter windows (which the SEAT ones don't) so all in all a big thumbs up :coolthumb

Here's the URL if anyone's interested:

http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/2681

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
I've just received my "Privacy Shades" today from www.vanstyle.co.uk (ordered them on Sunday evening, got them on Tuesday morning - that's pretty quick) and can confirm that the A4 saloon (B7) shades are a perfect fit for the Exeo. Not only do they fit perfectly but they also look very good, are £100 cheaper than the SEAT ones and even include little shades for the rear quarter windows (which the SEAT ones don't) so all in all a big thumbs up :coolthumb

Here's the URL if anyone's interested:

http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/2681

thanks for this info and they are only 5 mins down the road from me. are they an easy fit aswell as a perfect fit?

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I'll try and sort some pics out but to be honest there's not a lot to see - unless you're right on top of them they look like a 70% tint tinted window (ie, fairly dark but not "limo" black) from the outside. On the inside they make quite a difference - my daughter was complaining before that she couldn't play her PSP because it was too bright in the back but now she's more than happy. As for fitting, you get a set of self adhesive clips that stick inside the window frame, the window shade then clips in and out of these clips - however, because the rear windows don't wind all the way down inside the door and the way the window frame is made, I've found that the shades are quite happy just being slotted in between the window glass and the frame without the clips. Similarly the rear quarter and rear window shades also seem to fit quite happily without using the clips.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
It came with 6 shades - one for each rear door window, one for each C post window and two that when put together form the rear shade. As for "only taking a few minutes to install" I suppose that depends on whether you stick the adhesive clips onto the inside of the window frame of the rear doors, without using these clips it took me less than 5 minutes to unpack and fit the shades. I haven't bothered with these clips as I'm happy having the shade fit between the window glass and the rubber seal, although I guess if I drove along with the windows wound all the way down I'd risk the shades being sucked out and losing them - however I hardly ever drive with the windows down, and if I do it's only with them wound down by about 2 or 3 cm, in which case I'm pretty confident that the shades are going to stay in place. If you wanted to use the clips provided, I'd estimate it would add about 30 - 40 minutes to the installation time as you are advised to let the adhesive on clips cure for that amount of time before you fit the shades.

Philwowo

Just put on my Audi A4 estate wind deflectors on my exeo and they fit like a glove SWEET!

ste8270

Hi, im thinking of getting some of these but am put off by the fact the rear window is made up of 2 parts! would the thick black line down the middle not get annoying? Am i right that the Seat one comes as a 1 piece part?

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
I'll try to take some photos and post them up here one day but until then I'll have to try and describe them instead. When you fit them, they fit fairly tightly between the frame and the window so you can push them firmly together to make sure there is no gap between the two halves and that the black border is as narrow as possible. From the outside the line where the two halves of the rear shade join is hardly visible and from the inside, looking back using the rear view mirror, the line is clearly visible but is not distracting and is at most about 2cm wide (which when put into perspective of the whole width of the window is only a very, very small percentage). As far as I'm aware, the SEAT equivalent is one piece but costs considerably more and only covers the rear window, if you want the side windows covered you have to buy those extra and they don't come with little shades for the rear-most side windows.

Last edited:

yonst

I have seen Sonniboy blinds on the internet. these are a bit more expensive but are a single piece on the rear window so you don't get the dark line.

Has any had these on at night? does it effect the rear visability?

ste8270

Thanks for the replies, im thinking of going for those sonniboy ones i really feel the black line will annoy me after a while.

Dark Andrew

Jan 25, 2011
Are these the Sonniboy ones you are refering to?

http://sonniboy-auto-sichtschutz.de...o-2007.html&XTCsid=bv0aag9ba0qatkulqju306qoc2

They look very good but are a lot more expensive than the ones I got, about £100 more. To be honest if I was being fussy I'd probably go for these ones too but £100 extra for the sake of a black line that's about 1.5 cm wide is a lot of money. The line really isn't a problem when you're driving, I actually find the rear headrests to be more of a distraction.

yonst

Yeah they're the ones.

i guess it depends if you planning on keeping them in the car all the time or are planning on taking them in and out. I still haven't decided whether to tint the windows or go these blinds. i'll have to make my mind up but would love to see pics of these in a exeo.