Add AUX to a MK2 Leon that has iPod connector under seat

Jun 25, 2023
Hi,

Recently purchased a MK2 SEAT Leon FR 2008. I noticed although the stereo says CD/AUX there isn't actually an AUX port in the center.

Instead I have a iPod connector under the drivers seat, it does work but I don't fancy carrying an old iPod around!

I don't want to just rip out the headunit as it has Bluetooth handsfree tied into the MFD + stereo which I like.

Does anyone know if I can replace the iPod connection with an AUX? Like how it would have come from the factory if the first owner didn't have the iPod option?

Thanks.

WobbleFR

Sep 1, 2018
Isn't it by the cup holders?

Do you have an arm rest, it is sometimes under there.

If the oe stereo says aux then there should be one somewhere?

You could try tracing the ipod cable, you may find that it is plugged in to the usb that should be there instead.

Or you could remove the plastic facia around the stereo, undo the four screws that hold it in place and carefully pull it out, then remove the ipod cable and put in your own usb cable and route it where you want.

Jun 25, 2023
Its not by the cup holders, I've read if you opt to have the iPod connection under the seat they remove the AUX from the center console.
It's one or the other, a good choice I'm sure in 2008 but not so much today!

Hopefully I can swap out bits from a scrap Leon with AUX, and not need coding. Was hoping someone on the forums would know better.

andylong

Jan 21, 2021
So you don't have 2 slidey covers over a usb and jack socket under the center console?
That bit pops out with trim levers and the cabling goes to the head unit.
I'm sure you could just get the plastic and sockets, which has a little PCB attached and plug it in the back of the head unit

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
So you don't have 2 slidey covers over a usb and jack socket under the center console?
That bit pops out with trim levers and the cabling goes to the head unit.
I'm sure you could just get the plastic and sockets, which has a little PCB attached and plug it in the back of the head unit

A 2008 model wouldn't have that at all. That's the facelift aux in unit you are describing. The pre-facelift had a simple barrel jack input on the centre console between the controls and the cup holders.

Choosing the optional iPod connection kit meant the car did not get a normal aux input.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
A 2008 model wouldn't have that at all. That's the facelift aux in unit you are describing. The pre-facelift had a simple barrel jack input on the centre console between the controls and the cup holders.

Choosing the optional iPod connection kit meant the car did not get a normal aux input.
You can get aux to ipod adaptors for a few quid on ebay

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.