Advice brand new seat...

Raymondo111

Apr 6, 2015
Yep that's what I was told 22 weeks :cry: :cry: :cry:
I went with JCB Seat in Ashford, Kent.

Just goes to show how the 1.4 ACT or Eco as it is now known is so popular, I certainly don't regret going back to a petrol car with this sort of performance and economy if you want to drive it normally.

I know it seems like a long wait but you never know it might arrive sooner? What sort of spec did you go for? I assume with the long lead-time it's loaded with extras?;)

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Just goes to show how the 1.4 ACT or Eco as it is now known is so popular, I certainly don't regret going back to a petrol car with this sort of performance and economy if you want to drive it normally.

I know it seems like a long wait but you never know it might arrive sooner? What sort of spec did you go for? I assume with the long lead-time it's loaded with extras?;)

Thanks Raymondo, yeah glad I chose the 1.4TSi in the end. So many people like yourself have said great things about the 1.4TSi so it was a bit of a no-brainer.
I went for a few toys based on my needs and also what other people have said on the forum. As you said I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope the car arrives sooner than expected. :happy:

Here is what I went for in the end...

ENGINE AND TRIM
- New Leon 1.4 EcoTSI 150 FR 5dr

EXTERIOR COLOUR
- Nevada White Metallic Paint

INTERIOR TRIM
- Coffee black/coffee black dashboard (Cloth Techny B)

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Technology Pack (Navigation System, DAB Radio and Full LED Headlights)
- Full LED Headlights (Included with Technology Pack)
- 18" Performance Alloys
- 18" Space-saving spare wheel
- Navigation System High
- Full link
- Seat Sound System
- Rear View Camera
- Convenience Pack Plus
- Safety Pack Plus 1

ACCESSORIES
- Foil seals with Leon logo
- Vehicle safety kit

PROTECTION
- Gap Insurance
- Autoglym Lifeshine
- Smart Insurance

Last edited:

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
Hi everyone, been absent for awhile as I have been shielding myself from thinking about the new car until now. The Dealer rang me this morning to say that the build is now complete and they're awaiting to get transport/delivery dates :D:D:D so far it's been 9 weeks exactly since we ordered the car.

So the excitement has kicked in again. How long will I be waiting for the car to be transported and where is it made and coming from? Ps. how long will the Autoglym Lifeshine take??

thanks in advance

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Hi everyone, been absent for awhile as I have been shielding myself from thinking about the new car until now. The Dealer rang me this morning to say that the build is now complete and they're awaiting to get transport/delivery dates :D:D:D so far it's been 9 weeks exactly since we ordered the car.

So the excitement has kicked in again. How long will I be waiting for the car to be transported and where is it made and coming from? Ps. how long will the Autoglym Lifeshine take??

thanks in advance

Approx 3 weeks. It comes from the port near Barcelona and docks at various points in the UK depending where you live. I know one is in Kent and the other Newcastle. From there it comes on a truck.

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England

thanks in advance

If you can get the name of the ship from your dealer, you can be sad like me and watch it in live time on Marinetraffic.com as it sails from Barcelona to whichever port you are nearest to. Only took a couple of days to sail to Tynemouth I seem to remember..:D

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
If you can get the name of the ship from your dealer, you can be sad like me and watch it in live time on Marinetraffic.com as it sails from Barcelona to whichever port you are nearest to. Only took a couple of days to sail to Tynemouth I seem to remember..:D

Great advice... no it's not sad at all actually, not to me at least :D I will be tracking my baby across the seas :rofl:

My loacal dealer is mins from Dover so I assume that it will be the most likely destination.

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Great advice... no it's not sad at all actually, not to me at least :D I will be tracking my baby across the seas :rofl:

My loacal dealer is mins from Dover so I assume that it will be the most likely destination.

That'd be going to Sheerness which is first stop in the UK for the Barcelona vessels.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013

So it is taking a lot less than the 22 weeks you were quoted originally? Or did you change the model you ordered (or the dealer)?

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
That'd be going to Sheerness which is first stop in the UK for the Barcelona vessels.

Thanks Paul....Amazes me how much you guys know bout the cars and SEAT in general :rofl: the staff at most SEAT dealerships either don't want to share information or just can't be bothered to pass it on to customers. Good job I found this forum. :)

playerjs

Jun 28, 2015
So it is taking a lot less than the 22 weeks you were quoted originally? Or did you change the model you ordered (or the dealer)?

No haven't changed the spec at all apart from opting to keep the original FR Seals. :shrug: So I am not sure what is going on to be perfectly honest. I was told that lead times for the 1.4TSi is 22-24 weeks.

Today I am told the car is ready and awaiting transport slot. I was so thrilled that I didn't think to question how or why it was ready this quickly. Anyway not holding my breath until they confirm transport dates etc.

Should I be worried? Maybe they were trying to put me off the 1.4 to push me into getting the 2.0 litre. or maybe a stock car, who knows? :confused:

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex

From Southend seafront, I can see the docks at Sheerness. Good job it`s not winter time. I had a new Leon Stylance stuck at Sheerness fogbound at the start of 2007 for 10 days!. Then it had to go to Harrogate.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.