Air filter recommendations?

jonocupra

hey was lookin in to buyin and induction kit, which ones do u ppl recomend? i wouldnt mind one were you can here the DV but dont wont one of the halfords jobs which F*ck up your car.

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
just pop a green filter in air box... easiest & cheapest unless you want more induction noise when you can make your airbox better i.e smoothing larger intake

at the end of the day a dynatwist or bmc kit is a sealed box with a intake pipe the only diffrenece with them and your airbox atm is the diffrent filter element, standard is paper and the green/bmc is cotton which allows same level of filteration but easier to suck through, and you can put the same element in your box for £35
then make/get larger 80mm intake pipe £20
and smooth free,

it fact the engine i think would find it easier to suck air in from the modded box than the induction kit.

this is a standard filter and a large induction filter.
STA70002-1.jpg

look at this engineering masterpiece!

airbox.jpg

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Big old jetex open cone for me. Ditched the dynashit a while ago. Way too expensive for what they are.

How come you got rid of yours phil, build quality? performance? or other reason?

Just wondering as thinking of getting a dynatwist for mine next year.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
There's nothing wrong with Dynatwist quality thats for sure.
think they're expensive??? think about PiperX viper's!!!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Mine was looking a bit old and tired.

I think theyre too expensive what they are, a badly fitting cone filter with a metal cover. But then again, at least i didnt buy a Jabbasport kit. Now that is expensive.

Nowt wrong with quality tho, just prefer the open cone.

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
as above......again ive never heard any other filter sound like the dynatwist thats for sure and people who say there crap are talking out there ar$es.....excellent value for money

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Mine was looking a bit old and tired.

I think theyre too expensive what they are, a badly fitting cone filter with a metal cover. But then again, at least i didnt buy a Jabbasport kit. Now that is expensive.

Nowt wrong with quality tho, just prefer the open cone.

badly fitting? wtf :wtf: :confused:

i think not

:no:

fitted more than a few :p

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
It was for me bill. I'm still rocking the old skool mk4 TIP which the maf connection isnt in the same place.

Dont like that dodgy strap thing either. Much better ways around fixing it in place IMO.

Barry.L

May 11, 2006
Reading
im running a jetex cone as well, i love the noise it makes, especially with the 007. for £40 you can't go wrong.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
It was for me bill. I'm still rocking the old skool mk4 TIP which the maf connection isnt in the same place.

Dont like that dodgy strap thing either. Much better ways around fixing it in place IMO.

maybe so, but it allow some vibration isloation which is a good thing.

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Already read it, just trying to get people experiences and opinions of a couple of the options it mentions.
Trying to get the best product for the job even if it costs a little more, as planning more power add ons later next year.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.