Air Filters

LUCAS1

Can anyone give me some advice on what air filter to go for? The air box is a pretty decent design as standard, so i'm wondering if it's best just to go for a panel replacement? What do you guys reckon?

LUCAS1

Ar filter

Nice one mate. It's the petrol. Did you feel much difference and did it sound any different? :D

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Does anyone know if the filter is the same for the facelift FR Diesel with the Common Rail engine as the previous PD Model?

I've tried to speak to a local dealer but all they would say is why are you replacing your air filter and the paper ones they supply are just as good

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
How easy are the panel filters to fit?

Im sure everyone will laugh at this question - my knowledge of engines is extremely low!!!

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Degree of difficulty seems to vary from engine code to engine code, on mine the engine cover comes off and is then
"parted" top and bottom section, dunno if i want to try that

Last edited:

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
If you are in any doubt post a photo of your engine and someone will point you in the right direction.

18082009.jpg

Rectangle box near the front on the right - Correct?

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
We sell the Pipercross air filter @ £28 + VAT , postage £4 + VAT so all in £36.80 delivered
We tend to keep them in stock too :D

I use Pipercross on my little Fabia
I saw a tad more MPG with mine too
Sarah

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
We sell the Pipercross air filter @ £28 + VAT , postage £4 + VAT so all in £36.80 delivered
We tend to keep them in stock too :D

I use Pipercross on my little Fabia
I saw a tad more MPG with mine too
Sarah

Will the pipercross fit the new common rail engine?

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
So does anyone know if the air filter sizes are the same for the CR and PD engines? :confused:

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Thanks I think I'll take the oem one out and check the dimensions.

Last edited: