Air vent gauge mount

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
that looks awesome! looks pro manufactured!!! a kinda modern take on the old golf VDO's. 10 out of 10 for that effort mate!

I was going to make something similar, (tomorrow as it happens) how does the vent come out as i'm lacking a leon haynes and dont want to break anything!

will post picys of my progress later in the week!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
You could do, i might try on the next one i do although they are ok as they are you can see all you need to.
Didn't get around to photo's i also polished it and tbh it didn't work they are now to shiny, so will prob do them again and leave alone.

Was looking at my centre vents last night on way home from work, and I see what you're saying, almost don't need the angle on them, I thought, from memory, that they would look a little strange flat to the centre console.

Getting the DIY bug as I type!

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
Impressive!

I've held off adding guages after hearing various reports about pillars etc + dont really fancy that 'in your face' approach from a pillar pod. (just my opinion)

Liked nevs idea but I like the drivers vent usable as i find this helps when de-misting drivers side window(s)

Now who needs the centre dash vents eh! I'd be very happy to purchase a ready made version by your good self Phill C, however, feel the queue could be pretty huge

Would be great if somebody could post a guide to making and fitting. Although if i attempted it, it would prob turn out very messy and a bit fisher price looking:lol:

good work anyway Phil:D

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
phil, how did you get the gauges to mount in flush so well??

I have recessed them, i cut the main holes the same size as the dial so the pass through then cut another set the same size as the bodies and glued the smaller set behind the bigger ones and hay presto flush mounted gauges, you need to have the mdf the same thickness as the gauge rings though, to get them flush.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.