Alana headunit cutting out

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Travelled to and from Leicester today and the mp3 headunit on my FR kept cutting out. Screen would first show up rubbish, sometimes saying No Panel then it will just switch off. Any ideas?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
get it to the dealer, get i t changed. My very first one did that, usually a dry joint somewhere on the board due to the extreme heat they generate, especially when you have had t turned on for a long journey. Not a bad unit though for standard, and if you are like me i prefer the look of a standard headunit in the car. stereos are'nt as bad as they used to be from the factory, remember new cars in the ealy 90's were proper poo pie

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Not all replacement headunits look different from OE...

becker.jpg

They're fantastic units, but not cheap though. :(

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Not all replacement headunits look different from OE...

becker.jpg

They're fantastic units, but not cheap though. :(

The BEcker ones are the only ones that the Minis boys all rave about, cos the standard BMW headunit is orange and black ( they are Alpine units standard)

How much was that then, pricey, ??

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Aye, they're not cheap units.

Just paid £60 for a Clarion unit to replace the one some scum decided to pinch out of my wife's Ignis Sport during the night. Does the job perfectly well, output 4 x 50W. The OE speakers can't cope though.

The Alana is a bit down on power at 4 x 20W so it doesn't surprise me if people fit an amplifier. Not that I'm a headbanger!:lol:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Car went in this morning and it does need a new unit. One thing of concern though is that they said the unit will be sent away and then the cd that is stuck in it will be sent back. Is this what they normally do? I only bought the CD last Friday!

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Car went in this morning and it does need a new unit. One thing of concern though is that they said the unit will be sent away and then the cd that is stuck in it will be sent back. Is this what they normally do? I only bought the CD last Friday!

As long as you get the dealer to give you a receipt saying that the head unit has been removed with a CD in it I can't see a problem.

Regards Guy.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
id say :wave: to your teletubby's c.d then :lol: i like the alana unit and that 1 that mr coyote has looks nice and oem :)

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
id say :wave: to your teletubby's c.d then :lol: i like the alana unit and that 1 that mr coyote has looks nice and oem :)

Haha, its a Nuton Faulkner cd, I was really liking it too! The Alana unit is actually quite good I find, does everything it needs to, and isn't too flashy that someone will want to nick it

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
The Alana unit is actually quite good I find, does everything it needs to, and isn't too flashy that someone will want to nick it

Totally agree! :yes:
Only problems I've ever had are CDs getting hot which apparently is normal and reception issues which I blame on the aerial. :shrug:
Regards Guy.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.