Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

Mike FR+

I was just looking at the clearance between the ARB driveshaft and the metal pipe. I didnt know of it would be obstructed which is why I mentioned the SFS one.

Can the 1.8T pancake not me made to fit?

brad1

I was just looking at the clearance between the ARB driveshaft and the metal pipe. I didnt know of it would be obstructed which is why I mentioned the SFS one.

Can the 1.8T pancake not me made to fit?

The 1.8t pancake fits with the sfs turbo outlet pipe, im using this set up ;) people buy the allards kit with the pancake replacement pipe to eliminate the pancake pipe, what would be the point in buying the allards kit like chris if your not going to use the allards pancake replacement pipe eh??

triggby

Apr 25, 2008
hey chris,

so after a few weeks with this kit what's your opinion of it? Is there much performance gain and was it worth the money? I'm seriously tempted by it!!!!

Mike FR+

Mine has been on for about 3 months and I personally still love it. The roar and burbling noise is awesome and the boost is held for a lot longer.

The SFS kit was ok at first and went downhill whereas the Allard kit was a massive improvement and has stayed that way.

It is in my top 3 mods with the remap and ARB's.

I would recommend this kit very highly.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
hey chris,

so after a few weeks with this kit what's your opinion of it? Is there much performance gain and was it worth the money? I'm seriously tempted by it!!!!

Same as Mike FR+ really.

I just need to find some sort of device that will connect the upper Allards pipe to the bracket holding the VAC ball.

Mine has been on for about 3 months and I personally still love it. The roar and burbling noise is awesome and the boost is held for a lot longer.

The SFS kit was ok at first and went downhill whereas the Allard kit was a massive improvement and has stayed that way.

It is in my top 3 mods with the remap and ARB's.

I would recommend this kit very highly.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Got a hole in the turbo > pancake pipe replacement hose now :(

Was only time before it wore a hole through, need to re-think this now!!

Driveshaft is just too close to the pipe, balls!

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
Unlucky :(

Bet you're fed up of seeing thick smoke when driving now ain't ya! I had a split near my EGR valve, took me ages to find... well I just ended up replacing all the turbo pipes instead lol

Turbo -> Pancake is a very tight space.. I had trouble too but I cut the SFS pipes carefully & there's no rubbing for me

Which pancake do you have? (sorry, not had time to read all the posts)
I ask as I noticed that the length of the pancake makes difference in the joining pipe's proximity to the drive shaft, so altering the Pancake -> Intercooler pipe may help, or you could just change the Turbo -> Pancake & Pancake again

& on a slightly different note, anyone else got a new whistle/hiss that also sounds like a dump valve on release of power since they changed their pancake? People try to act smart and ask me if the noise is actually "the dump valve" :think: lol

brad1

Got a hole in the turbo > pancake pipe replacement hose now :(

Was only time before it wore a hole through, need to re-think this now!!

Driveshaft is just too close to the pipe, balls!

If i was you mate, i would ditch the pancake replacement pipe, use a sfs turbo pipe with a fully round pancake pipe, this type of pancake pipe was the ones me and jonjay bought, they come with a bracket that fits where the standard pancake pipe fits, this way the turbo pipe wont sag down, then use a 60mm 45degress pipe to the intercooler ;)

This is the set up i would use
newsfspipe3.jpg

flowpipe.jpg

45.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
I have the same Turbo -> Pancake pipe:

4007431233_4193e215df.jpg

But the larger SFS Pancake:

4008209378_007cc69c3f.jpg

It doesn't have the internal kinks like the original:
4008213072_ef503f187c.jpg

And it is very wide (sorry for not holding it in the pic so you can tell) - like the 1.8T pancake.

No mounting bracket though - although in my case it wouldn't help as the orig pancake basically blew up, ripping the bracket into pieces & destroying my mounting point. It was loud...

This pancake is very, very light though. Aluminium.

Edit: and I have the same 45 degree pipes as brad1 to finish up the Turbo -> Pancake -> Int.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
If i was you mate, i would ditch the pancake replacement pipe, use a sfs turbo pipe with a fully round pancake pipe, this type of pancake pipe was the ones me and jonjay bought, they come with a bracket that fits where the standard pancake pipe fits, this way the turbo pipe wont sag down, then use a 60mm 45degress pipe to the intercooler ;)

This is the set up i would use
newsfspipe3.jpg

flowpipe.jpg

45.jpg

Do SFS make the metal pancake pipe too? How much?

@ Sly-Delvecchio - So you have a different metal pancake pipe from SFS, how much was this?

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
Yeah I got my metal Pancake from SFS, but I was basically the first person to order that new metal one.

Price, ermmmmm, was £180ish. That also included the pipes, clips, clamps from Turbo -> Pancake and Pancake -> Intercooler. The Pancake made up the majority of that £180-£190. I imagine it would be around £100-£120 for the Pancake.

Give them a call. I would tell you to ask for Anthony but he's left now.
I wonder if it's left them in shambles...

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Yeah I got my metal Pancake from SFS, but I was basically the first person to order that new metal one.

Price, ermmmmm, was £180ish. That also included the pipes, clips, clamps from Turbo -> Pancake and Pancake -> Intercooler. The Pancake made up the majority of that £180-£190. I imagine it would be around £100-£120 for the Pancake.

Give them a call. I would tell you to ask for Anthony but he's left now.
I wonder if it's left them in shambles...

Ok thx. The only problem I see with your pancake pipe is that there is no bracket to hold it all up which will do what mine has done and eventualy pull the turbo hose down onto the driveshaft.

When you ordered the turbo hose do you know if they made it a little bit longer for the Allard fitment or was it standard?

Sly-Delvecchio

Leet Nerd.
Apr 11, 2009
West Midlands
www.conceptex.co.uk
That was my concern. My turbo hose is about 6 inches above the driveshaft and has held nicely there for a while. I don't exagerrate when I say the Pancake is very light.

Yes - I had to trim quite a lot off one of the hoses i.e. 6-8 inches to fit mine so I think it should fit the Allard pipes nicely. I'm no expert though!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
That was my concern. My turbo hose is about 6 inches above the driveshaft and has held nicely there for a while. I don't exagerrate when I say the Pancake is very light.

Yes - I had to trim quite a lot off one of the hoses i.e. 6-8 inches to fit mine so I think it should fit the Allard pipes nicely. I'm no expert though!

Is your car lowered at all mate?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.