Altea XL 170bhp DPF - just ordered

oliverpe

Hi folks,

just ordered a new Altea XL 170bhp DPF in Luna Grey :D , have to wait an agonising 10-12 weeks for delivery. Existing Leon Cupra going in for part ex.

Anyone already got an XL, any hints and tips or got ya's to look out for :confused:

mjr600

Apr 19, 2007
Particulate filter problems are not unique to this engine, Renault suffer the same problem with their FAP system. Town drivers seem to suffer most, motorway drivers the least, with sooting up that is.

bakedanenome

Country Bumpkin
Apr 26, 2007
Cornwall
Having searched this topic it sounds like most problems occur when you try and mod the engine? If you leave as standard you'll generally be ok? Wishful thinking perhaps :shrug:

oliverpe

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys on the DPF light, I dont plan to mod the engine at all, so hopefully no issue.
:D

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Having searched this topic it sounds like most problems occur when you try and mod the engine? If you leave as standard you'll generally be ok? Wishful thinking perhaps :shrug:

None ot the big remap companies Revo ,Superchips,CC produce remaps for VAG engines with DPF`s. I know some of the smaller companies do though. The DPF is a pain in the ass even on stock cars as far as i am aware but as usual i could be wrong.