amd remap

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
Hi there its probably been said somewhere before but what are amd like ? , have got myself penciled in for sat morning to have the stage 1 done on my mk1 fr . Whats the power delivery like with this map ? i like quite a smooth power curve not all 210bhp in one blast .. any opinions would be great cheers

JamJay

California Bound
You need to wait until D.K sees this, he's the Oracle when it comes to AMD. I do have an AMD on my LCR though and I love it, gives you that turbo shove in the back when you plant it, it easily driveable and power lasts until redline. No longer does 'John Smith' down the road feel like taking me on in his Focus ST :D

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
oo hmm Have you had and games with astra vxr"s and the likes of ? , Thats what i really want to be on level peggings with lol ..

JamJay

California Bound
Well as you've got the FR (assuming it's the 180bhp petrol), you will still struggle a bit but you might snap at his heels a bit more that you do now. As someone pointed out to me a while ago, it's the driver and not the car so get you gear changes right and who knows.

I haven't had a poke with one of these Astra's yet but I would hope to edge away a little with all of the torque...assuming I can put it down that is.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You need to wait until D.K sees this, he's the Oracle when it comes to AMD.

:lol: Cheers mate

You wont be dissapointed with the Amd map,
If your FR is a 180 petrol you should see about 210-220 ish BHP depanding on what over mods you have.
I cant coment on how soomth the map will be on your car but as Jamjay said on the LCR's the power stays in all the way to the red line and it has plenty of go in it ;)

If you've not already done it it would be worth changeing the DV and the dog bone mount

cawsey18

Apr 5, 2009
excellent thing is just been looking it up can i get away with just replacing the bushes , Or do i have to replace the whole item ?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise