Any reason why this seems to always be the case?

Dec 8, 2020
Hi all, i am considering buying a leon cupra R 300 estate/ST, the ones with the black brembo calipers up front and bronze trim colours. I find the naming of the leon cupra models very confusing so wan to be clear on which model i'm after :geek:

Anyway, whilst searching through Seat approved used cars, i selected it to only show the cupra estates including the 280/290/R models, not interested in the hatch as i want awd and the bigger boot as i haven't long had a newborn.

When looking through the specs, i see that pretty much almost every 300 R model has a reverse camera, but not a single one has ACC (can tell by the lack of lower stalk behind wheel)
But every 280/290 model seems to be equipped with ACC, but weirdly not a single one has a reverse camera!

I'm a spec snob when it comes to cars and i like a car to have as many options ticked as it can, as retrofitting isn't easy or cheap, but can anyone tell me why the R never seems to have had ACC specced?
When looking in brochures as far as i can tell it was available.

Apologies for long winded thread, i would love an answer though.

Cheers all, hope to be on here more often if i do buy one, currently have a GLA45 as my daily which will be replaced, and an F80 M3 as my toy :cool:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Hi all, i am considering buying a leon cupra R 300 estate/ST, the ones with the black brembo calipers up front and bronze trim colours. I find the naming of the leon cupra models very confusing so wan to be clear on which model i'm after :geek:

Anyway, whilst searching through Seat approved used cars, i selected it to only show the cupra estates including the 280/290/R models, not interested in the hatch as i want awd and the bigger boot as i haven't long had a newborn.

When looking through the specs, i see that pretty much almost every 300 R model has a reverse camera, but not a single one has ACC (can tell by the lack of lower stalk behind wheel)
But every 280/290 model seems to be equipped with ACC, but weirdly not a single one has a reverse camera!

I'm a spec snob when it comes to cars and i like a car to have as many options ticked as it can, as retrofitting isn't easy or cheap, but can anyone tell me why the R never seems to have had ACC specced?
When looking in brochures as far as i can tell it was available.

Apologies for long winded thread, i would love an answer though.

Cheers all, hope to be on here more often if i do buy one, currently have a GLA45 as my daily which will be replaced, and an F80 M3 as my toy :cool:
The R ST has rear view camera as standard. I wouldn't trust online adverts to show accurate spec - they often show standard spec rather than the particular options fitted on the vehicle for sale.
Rear view camera was an option at times on the regular ST, but it was removed as an option. So, depending on the age/plate on the car, it will not have been an option. Options were simplified - allegedly to make it simpler for customers to spec cars - but in reality to standardise for emissions testing.

I'd be surprised if that many cars had ACC. It was part of an option pack - except for Lux models, which included ACC as standard.

I would double check spec with the dealer, as cars may have options that are not listed or vice versa.

NellyBongo77

Apr 24, 2021
Hi,
No offence, but as you said, I think you’re mixing up a few of the different variations of models offered.
I bought a 20 plate Cupra ST lux in February so only really know about the specs from around this time. (But happy to be corrected as I’m new to the Cupra fold).
If you looking at bronzed badges Cupra St’s, then there’s 3 versions. EZ, LUX or R. The LUX got the adaptive cruise (bucket seats, wireless charging pad, Keyless entry and heated seats) whereas the EZ has the standard cruise which I think is integrated into the standard left stalk on the steering column.
I believe that in this country, the R wasn’t offered with adaptive cruise even as an option for some reason. But it would still have standard cruise on the left stalk.
There’s lots of other plus points to the R though that make up for it. Unfortunately, my budget just didn’t stretch far enough to buy one of them when I was buying. Still more than made up with my silver Lux, but I know if an ‘R’ parked up next to me, I’d still wish I could have stretched to one.

<edit> Also out of curiosity, how has the GLA45 been for you as a daily?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
The R ST has rear view camera as standard. I wouldn't trust online adverts to show accurate spec - they often show standard spec rather than the particular options fitted on the vehicle for sale.
Rear view camera was an option at times on the regular ST, but it was removed as an option. So, depending on the age/plate on the car, it will not have been an option. Options were simplified - allegedly to make it simpler for customers to spec cars - but in reality to standardise for emissions testing.

I'd be surprised if that many cars had ACC. It was part of an option pack - except for Lux models, which included ACC as standard.

I would double check spec with the dealer, as cars may have options that are not listed or vice versa.
hi thanks for reply. i know never to trust dealer spec, as every 300 R listed says they have ACC when i clearly see none of them have the second stalk!

when looking at lots of the other cupra estates i'd say about 75/80% of them have ACC as i can see the second stalk.

just find it weird how none of the 300 R's have it.

just by chance i looked on ebay and someone is selling a nice 300 R hatch, and that has ACC. still yet to see an estate with it fitted though annoyingly.

ideally i want a golf r estate, but i am struggling big time to find one with decent options ticked, i'd settle for a hatch again as i used to have one with DCC, but finding a mk7 R with DCC is like winning the pools so i've pretty much given up on the golf

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I have a standard 300 ST with ACC and reversing camera - it was one of the first with Copper badging/black calipers and was a decent spec as Seat honoured the options before they were withdrawn due to WLTP.

Retro-fit of ACC is possible:

Give @East Yorkshire Retrofits a call to confirm prices it’s a deal breaker.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
hi thanks for reply. i know never to trust dealer spec, as every 300 R listed says they have ACC when i clearly see none of them have the second stalk!

when looking at lots of the other cupra estates i'd say about 75/80% of them have ACC as i can see the second stalk.

just find it weird how none of the 300 R's have it.

just by chance i looked on ebay and someone is selling a nice 300 R hatch, and that has ACC. still yet to see an estate with it fitted though annoyingly.

ideally i want a golf r estate, but i am struggling big time to find one with decent options ticked, i'd settle for a hatch again as i used to have one with DCC, but finding a mk7 R with DCC is like winning the pools so i've pretty much given up on the golf
You're probably more likely to get a Leon with the options you want rather than Golf - as quite a few standard SEAT options are options on a VW.
For certain years, you will struggle to find a car with rear view camera and the other options you desire. Certainly, rvc was not an option when I bought mine. Options were fairly limited but Lux model has lots of goodies.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Worth noting, pretty sure cost wise, Reverse cam is a lot cheaper to fit than ACC. So if you absolutely must have ACC (I was glad to get rid of it on my 2nd one) then get a car with it and retro fit the camera.

But if you want the Black Brembos (Assuming you are UK based) then you're going to need get the R ST. I think that came with lane assist,, so ACC shouldn't be too expensive to retrofit compared to a car that needs the windscreen and camera etc as well.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Worth noting, pretty sure cost wise, Reverse cam is a lot cheaper to fit than ACC. So if you absolutely must have ACC (I was glad to get rid of it on my 2nd one) then get a car with it and retro fit the camera.

But if you want the Black Brembos (Assuming you are UK based) then you're going to need get the R ST. I think that came with lane assist,, so ACC shouldn't be too expensive to retrofit compared to a car that needs the windscreen and camera etc as well.
Could be right on the priorities there.

I am a bit unclear on your comment about ACC. Appreciate it's not for everyone - but you don't have to use it?
I don't do that many motorway miles but find it preferable to regular cruise control from previous Leon.
I'm fairly sure you can change to regular cruise in menu settings. However, you don't have to use cruise if you don't like it?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Could be right on the priorities there.

I am a bit unclear on your comment about ACC. Appreciate it's not for everyone - but you don't have to use it?
I don't do that many motorway miles but find it preferable to regular cruise control from previous Leon.
I'm fairly sure you can change to regular cruise in menu settings. However, you don't have to use cruise if you don't like it?

Its worth noting. if you have ACC, you can't use Cruise Control with out it. If it breaks, has a temporary fault (like snow or something blows in front of it to make it disable itself till a restart as it thinks its faulty), Cruise Control won't work either.

I had it on my 280 and it annoyed me a lot. So glad it wasn't part of the poverty spec Carbon Edition.

@paddy6789 wanted it and got it when he went from his 290 to a Cupra R. He ended up hating it too.

Edit - There are plenty of people who love it though.

Reactions: seatgraham

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Its worth noting. if you have ACC, you can't use Cruise Control with out it. If it breaks, has a temporary fault (like snow or something blows in front of it to make it disable itself till a restart as it thinks its faulty), Cruise Control won't work either.

I had it on my 280 and it annoyed me a lot. So glad it wasn't part of the poverty spec Carbon Edition.

@paddy6789 wanted it and got it when he went from his 290 to a Cupra R. He ended up hating it too.

Edit - There are plenty of people who love it though.
To be fair i haven’t used it much.
I probably wouldn’t have specced it as option. But do find it useful.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.