Anybody put a deposit on a Cupra R yet?

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Ami-Jane has and there messing her around now im sure she will tell you all if you ask

Hows it going mate not seen you for ages

I'm good mate, be time for a meet soon;)

Can you send her the link to this thread then Andy! I'm just starting to think they will get pulled as nobody seems to be that taken...Which is fair enough to be honest.

I just wish SEAT would exist in it's own right instead of being held back as not to intimidate the so-called "better" VW/Audi cars

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Well there is rumours of it being pulled theres a LCR Thread in the MK2 Section

I havent seen the LCR at VW'S Headquarters go past there everyday but apparently its there somewhere

Meet time is at Oulton Park for BTCC

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
I was in Seat a month or so ago, i asked one or the sales guy's if they knew any details... as in price and when. He said nobody there know's anything about it yet, the way he reacted it was as if it's just a passing rumor????? They'd normally try and sell you one there and then in the past!

hiya :)

yep had a deposit down for one but when I found out from MK that they were going to price it at £24,995 and come with leather standard (a big no no for me!) I quickly lost interest!

So I've instead ordered a Cupra with a few more toys ;) saved about £5k in the process!

But if you have money to burn then they are taking deposits and MK have actually put an order in for a guy

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I was in Seat a month or so ago, i asked one or the sales guy's if they knew any details... as in price and when. He said nobody there know's anything about it yet, the way he reacted it was as if it's just a passing rumor????? They'd normally try and sell you one there and then in the past!

I was talking to John (Sales guy at LC Charles) about the Cupra R while i was test driving the MK2 Cupra and he didnt know anything bout it just said he had heard there might be one coming

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
I think the lack of advertising sugests that SEAT realise they've screwed this up. They arn't going to plough a load of money into marketing something that is, well... un-marketable!!!

5k for 25bhp and no diff. Somebody's taking the piss!!!!

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
There should be more details about it surfacing soon, however sources have told me that its production has been delayed. The 'official' UK launch is likely to be nearer to late spring, due to right hand drive production schedules being changed at the factory in Spain. SEAT UK have had a pre-production car for a little while that the motoring rags have been playing with.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
In terms of the cars direct competition I accept its probably there or thereabouts the price its got to be. The weak pound doesn't help matters at the moment either. But the £25k asking price is certainly what is being banded about and I guess that its upto the individual buyer to decide if its good value or not.

My personal feeling is that marketing a £25k SEAT Leon is going to be a tough job, and its certainly not a car on my radar due to the high cost to change coupled with a shortfall due to the Cupra's residuals. Not to mention the similarities with what I already own. Whether SEAT see it that way depends on what their targets are for the car. If production is low then the returns may not be hugely important to them.

Contrary to what some dealers might be saying the price and spec have not as yet been officially released by SEAT UK, though they are due to be released very soon.

We hope to be able to bring you some more interesting information in the coming week.

Last edited:

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
So, £25k for something with roughly the same power as the new Golf R, would people pay the £3k+ premium for one of those then?
I suppose the Golf does have better styling tweaks but it is a large premium.
Plus 4 wheel drive I suppose aswell.

Danny.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not to mention 4WD, albeit haldex on the Golf, but then spec up some of the options on the Golf and your into the high £30,000's

I think the Scirocco R is probably a fairer comparison but the Leon has the extra size of the Golf.

Though in my opinion the price of hot hatches from most manufacturers have sky-rocketed.

Last edited:

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Yeah, I know what you mean, although I would pay the premium to have the Cupra R, mainly because, at that price, there are only going to be a few select numbers of them, though as people have said, a bit of styling wouldn't of gone a miss :)

Danny.

Poverty

Given the high UK prices I wonder whether we will see people heading to Europe to buy RHD cars overseas as imports, or whether the benefits this offered in the past have been largely eradicated?

In germany the cars are even more expensive than here going by the prices on audi.de and then converting them to our currency :headhurt:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Given the high UK prices I wonder whether we will see people heading to Europe to buy RHD cars overseas as imports, or whether the benefits this offered in the past have been largely eradicated?

All gone thanks to x/rate fluctuation... was well worth it at 1.45+ though

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.