Anyone elses LCR feel faster tonight?

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
I don't know if it was because of the all the rain we've had tonight but my car felt much quicker! I was beginning to worry, as I only bought it last week and it felt rapid the day I got it, but the last 3-4 days its feels like it might be a bit down on power, either that or I'm just getting used to it? My mate has a golf gti (150bhp) and it doesn't feel much quicker than that to be honest (except tonight lol)

scott

turbin

the intercoolers like the wet as they are more efficient then + in the wet ure tires slip faster so u think u have more power.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
but then when you plug it back in..turn your ignition so all the lights on the dash comes on, and wait for the quiet beep in your engine bay to finish, then start your car

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
Hey Scott,

I live in Tonbridge do you know anyone else with Cupras/Seats as I go Maidstone quite a bit be good to know of other local enthusiasts?

Matt

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Hey Scott,

I live in Tonbridge do you know anyone else with Cupras/Seats as I go Maidstone quite a bit be good to know of other local enthusiasts?

Matt

I've got a mate who drives an ibiza tdi, apart from that I've only seen one member of this forum around maidstone, he's got a black LCR with diamond cut wheels, cupragav i think his forum name is

And if you still have original OEM headunit, don't forget to dig out your radio code beforehand also :)

Forgot to do that! I had to drive around earlier in silence lol

but then when you plug it back in..turn your ignition so all the lights on the dash comes on, and wait for the quiet beep in your engine bay to finish, then start your car

I disconnected the negative terminal for half hour, then re-connected it and turned the ignition on so the lights on the dash came on like you said, and waited about 3-4 minutes but I don't think I waited until that quiet constant beeping sound stopped, does that affect the reset?

scott

brad1

Im from medway and sometimes venture down to maidstone of an evening ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Try it again to be sure. When you switch it back on leave the bonnet open and leave the driver door open and wait for the high pitches noise to stop then just start the car as normal.

High atmopheric pressure effect the performance of the car as does ambiant temperature.
I find really cold foggy mornings is where my car is at its best and damp drizzely days.
Try givinbg your SMIC of FMIC a good soaking with a cold hose, that usually revives my motor.
Also a thermal spacer like a Phenolic gasket helps to stop the heat transfer between the block and the metal intake manifold which can heat up the previously cooled boost pressure

Ovni_cupraR

Yellow Peril
Oct 25, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
I'll give it another go in a minute. Although I'm beginning to wish I never did it in the first place as the previous owner didn't give me the radio code and it's locked out now, I just rang my loacal seat garage and they want £45 to get the code! I might as well get another head unit :blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.