Anyone know anything about the pipercross venom cai for the golf5?

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Hi all,
Just got off the phone to midland vw asking about how much fitting would be for a bsh cai! They pointed out that pipercross have just released a new cai which has been developed with vwracing!!! Anyone know anything about? Specifically if they've taken in account the pipework around the maf so it doesn't throw out the fueling?!? I'm really want a cai BUT i don't want the fueling issues that some had with other cai's! Think ZBOYD was having major probs iirc!

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
not seen anything on this but would be interested to know.

I'm still considering the ITG intake which I think has has a custom unit for the MAF (well looking at the unit anyway!)

Be interest to see a pipercross one and prices and confirmation it would do fine on the SEATs

Poverty

Dont know anyone with the kit but im sure it would work well.

Zboyd was having fuelling issues?

Poverty

Is that the only one that does this pov?

Well plenty of cars ran fine with the dbilas, but if you want to try an minimalise any risk of issues, just get a intake that has a MAF housing that is correct for the software you are running.

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Hehe, not as easy as it sounds pov unless you wanna blow moneh on an itg!!! I was all set on the bsh, but then read about the dv bung melting on someone!!!!

Poverty

Hehe, not as easy as it sounds pov unless you wanna blow moneh on an itg!!! I was all set on the bsh, but then read about the dv bung melting on someone!!!!

I think there are a few intakes out there now with the correct MAF housing size.

We have fabricated our own intake which has the right size housng and are currently testing it on a cupra, it looks pretty much like a bsh unit, and tbh I could make a ITG intake carbon copy for alot less than what ITG want also.

Last edited by a moderator:

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
I think there are a few intakes out there now with the correct MAF housing size.

We have fabricated our own intake which has the right size housng and are currently testing it on a cupra, it looks pretty much like a bsh unit, and tbh I could make a ITG intake carbon copy for alot less than what ITG want also.

Can you name a few please?

Kewl, will you have a version available for k03 cars? Can you send me one please, pending price!!

@RobH Yeah i know intake question after intake question BUT couldn't find what i wanted to know anywhere on the net so...........

I emailed pipercross to enquire about the maf housing! Heres the full email:

Thanks very much for the info!! Can you also tell what the internal diameter of the pipework is please??

Regards

James

On 26 Mar 2010, at 13:07, "adam hughes" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear James
>
> The diameter of the pipe is as per the diameter of the maf body. So the scaling is the same as the original airbox.
>
>
>
> Best regards
>
>
>
> Adam Hughes
>
> Product / General Manager
> Sent: 25 March 2010 15:19
> To: adam hughes
> Subject: Pipercross Venom for Golf 5 2.0 TFSI
>
>
>
> Hi,
> I was wondering if you could tell more about the venom induction kit for the golf 5/s3 tfsi?
> Can you tell what diameter the pipe work is? Is it just the same diameter all the way through or does it change at any point at all?
> Also what has been done with regards to maf scaling?
>
> Regards
>
> James

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members