Few questions about modding

Oct 27, 2019
Info
2013 Seat Leon FR 1.4tsi 103kw(140hp) manual
Native language isn't English.
I have some questions about modding my car and I am hoping anyone more knowledgeable or someone who has done the same things can help me out finding some answers.
This is probably going to be a long one so I'll add numbers and pictures to navigate all this mess.

1. Wheels
I have chosen Dotz Kendo Dark 17" wheels because they look good and are in my budget. Now I need to figure out what offset should I go for ET38 or 48. I know what ET means but I am not sure how much will it change visually. I know having a lower ET will give more room for the brakes.
Tires are going to be Michelin Pilot sport 4. Heard a lot of good things about them.

2. Suspension
I would like to lower my car for no other reason but a visual one. I don't think I need coil overs because I am going to daily drive the car. Looking for a 30-40mm drop. Has anyone dropped their car with lowering springs and what brand did you go with? Does it matter what brand they are, or is the brand there just to add price?

3. Air intake
Looking to get more noise out of the engine, is adding an aftermarket air intake(pic 1) a good idea? I have heard that the aftermarket one takes more air in and that might throw an error code or even worse mess up the fuel and air mixture so the car stops running right. Is that true and should I avoid aftermarket intakes?
Also looking to get more turbo noises from the engine. I found a blow-off valve from ebay (pic 2). Does it work and do I really need to remove the OEM intake pipe and replace it?

4. Engine
Looking to get a few more ponies out of my car. A local tuning place is quoting a +30hp/45tq for 400€. Is that what you paid for stage 1? And how reliable is it to get the engine re-tuned how will it affect the car in the long run, it's already 7years old with 100k km.

5. Gearbox
Short shifter ebay(pic 3). I have also seen one for 200€. Is the ebay one worth it anyone bought it? I have heard that the short shifter might get loose after a while and need to be re-tightened.

6. Cosmetic
Any place I should look to get an aftermarket spoiler, side skirts all that sweet stuff. I have found some stuff off ebay but I have heard that they don't always fit right and need to be trimmed, anyone bought from ebay? I have also looked at TRC splitter, Maxton design, RDX racedesign, and rally flapz mudflaps.

7. Exhaust
I wanted to get my resonator deleted but I was told that the engine will get weaker because it needs the resonator (forgot the exact reasoning why it makes the engine output lower). Then I looked at some ebay back boxes and a full cat-back exhaust. Any recommendations to get more sound of the small 1.4l engine.

That's all the questions I have and if anyone sees this and can answer at least on of them please go on!

Thank you for all the help!

Pic 1 upload_2020-3-3_20-18-54.png
pic 2 upload_2020-3-3_20-24-57.png
pic 3 upload_2020-3-3_20-31-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-3_19-51-5.png
    upload_2020-3-3_19-51-5.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 104
  • upload_2020-3-3_19-54-0.png
    upload_2020-3-3_19-54-0.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 107
  • upload_2020-3-3_20-1-23.png
    upload_2020-3-3_20-1-23.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 118
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.