Apple Car Play and reverse camera

Barykada

Jan 31, 2022
Haverhill
Hey everyone!
I'm a proud new owner of vz2 310 and a brand new member of this forum :)

I've picked my Formentor on Monday evening and noticed that whenever I'm using apple car play with yt music and reversing, the camera shows a black picture - do you also have that in yours or is it my software version?
When hooking up to Cupra connect this morning, I've somehow entered the service and maintenance menu and below are my software versions. Any help is appreciated before I'll come back to the dealer :)

Attachments

• IMG_6211.JPG
    IMG_6211.JPG
    521.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_6212.JPG
    IMG_6212.JPG
    605.5 KB · Views: 254

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
To me that looks like an old version of the software .
But someone's with better knowledge will confirm

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021

I picked mine up last Thursday and I have Software Version 1802 (I think. Definitely 18**)

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
Picked mine up on 1st December and all works as it should with Apple CarPlay when put it in reverse.

I have version 1804 on mine.

F2CB075C-B9C8-454A-A992-9EB6FBE19495.jpeg

Reactions: Barykada

MrBiggles87

May 20, 2021
I have 1804 on mine, not had any issues so far. Touch wood!!
Yeah 1804 here too! Just checked.

Although I had a software update pop up when I first jumped in last week... it has updated to about 80% and hasn't moved since. Any idea how to reset, clear or get it to finish?

Gordon Blair

May 3, 2020
Yeah 1804 here too! Just checked.

Although I had a software update pop up when I first jumped in last week... it has updated to about 80% and hasn't moved since. Any idea how to reset, clear or get it to finish?
Yeah mine popped up with an update too, but haven’t checked if it’s completed or not.

Oct 31, 2021
Hi all, I've had this issue since getting the car, and doing a bit of trial and error - for me the problem seems to be linked to CarPlay or GooglePlay.

When you turn the car engine on, if the infotainment goes immediately to your CarPlay without first displaying one of the infotainment screens (the three visuals that would usually pop up without CarPlay) then I always get the black screen on the camera. The workaround is on startup, press the (///) button on the infotainment screen if you've gone straight to CarPlay, and as long as it's displayed an infotainment screen at least once - the camera will work fine.... Hope that makes sense?!

Technology as it is, it will probably prove me wrong - but this has done it 100% of the time for me so far...

If anybody has any connections maybe this info would be useful when they're doing their next software upgrade to help them identify what needs patching up.

All the best :)

Chris.

Currently no update for this Infotainment unit. 1672 is the latest 16xx. Eventually they'll release an update to take it to 18xx or maybe even 19xx if it's been released by then.

There's a TPI for the reversing camera, however it should have been carried out before you collected the car as it's been out for nearly a year

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members