armrest in a manual?

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
Guys

I've been thinking about retrofitting the centre arm rest only there is one thing worrying me. Does it get in the way when shifting gears?

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
It seemed a little odd at first but you do get used to the arm rest being there after a while.

I wouldn't say it interferes with the gear change just makes you change your technique slightly

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
I have been wondering the same thing. I find my arm resting on the cup holder. Which armrest are you looking at? I have a ref sport with the red/ grey black interior so didn't know which one would match either.

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Guys

I've been thinking about retrofitting the centre arm rest only there is one thing worrying me. Does it get in the way when shifting gears?

This is the reason I haven't fitted one, it seems a little high when installed and now after 4 months of owning my cupra I've got used to not having one!

boroboy19

I went for a long trip this summer from UK across Germany and so on :) with my Cupra and before I went I fitted an arm rest. Its very comfortable to drive with, i removed the ash tray next to the hazard lights switch and used that as a cup holder.

I recommend the arm rest...to be honest I dont know why Seat dont install it as standard ...at least on a Cupra!

dave.richmond

Jul 29, 2009
I have been wondering the same thing. I find my arm resting on the cup holder. Which armrest are you looking at? I have a ref sport with the red/ grey black interior so didn't know which one would match either.

I also have the ref sport. according to seat there is only one armrest for my 06 plated motor.

1P1061000A.jpg

Part no. for the above is 1P1061000A

i think i'm gonna have to get one at the end of the month.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
How much is the arm rest and is it easy to fit?

As said before about £100 and takes about 15 mins to fit. All you need is a bit of tippex or marker pen and a drill. Line up the armrest (can only go one way) and then mark where you are going to drill. Drill the 4 holes and then screw in the armrest.
Searching the forum will bring up this guide
Alex

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I like the idea of the arm rest but I find it awkward plugging in the seat belt at times and I fear that the arm rest may make it worse.

Never had an issue with that to be honest. Guess you have to sit in a car with the armrest fitted and see if its worse for you.
Alex

froilburner

FR Oil Burner
Apr 9, 2006
I got one off David at SERE, good guy to deal with. I wouldn't drive a car with out one, had the leon 2 weeks before i ordered the arm rest. Missed it after having one in my tolly!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.