Back in a Seat - Gezmeister's Seat Ibiza MK2 GTI Cupra Sport

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Didn't buy the 16"s in the end, due to one of the wheels having a 205/45/16 as apose to the rest being 195/45/16, although i still have them in my shed. Bought some BBS reps today, gonna have a go at refurbing them myself

Picture025-2.jpg

Trial fit

Picture026-3.jpg

Need some rear spacers for when they go on desperately

Picture027-3.jpg

Picture028-2.jpg

Will update when i start work on them

Also got another headunit, nothing special, just so my sounds are a little clearer. Already has Kenwood 6 x 9's in the parcel shelf, so won't be changing any speakers

Picture029-1.jpg

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Yeah helluva lot lol. Not sure on the offset but they're 7J, so will probably be looking at 25mm spacers on the rear, maybe 10mm on the front

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Good one Gez, I wasn't a big fan of the Lexus, this is better :D

its all about the tuck now lads!

no spacers = more lows!

22072011274.jpg

Sam, you can't get lows ;)

Nice Renault Alpine turbines (6J's and 8.5J's) yummy
I wanted a set for my mk2, but wasn't sure on the 8J's on the back!!

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Decided to have a go at wrapping some dash parts in 3m di noc cf film today. Here's the results, not brilliant but i think not bad for my first attempt

Picture035.jpg

Picture036-1.jpg

Then done the stereo surround

Picture037-1.jpg

Picture038-1.jpg

Then finally the ashtray

Picture039-1.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

This stuff is so easy to use, can't believe i havn't used it before!

Also bought LED bulbs to replace all bulbs inside and the number plate lights, no pics yet as havn't received half of them

Last edited:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Cheers for the comments guys, was pleased how they've come out, but at the same time i know they could be a lot better, hopefully will get better the more things i wrap :)

As for the wheels Arun, still leaning towards a dark grey, debating whether to mirror polish the lips to break it up, depends whether i can be bothered or not. Was gonna get them done at Aerocoat (really good place in St Olaves, google them for examples of their work) but not sure if i wanna put that much money into them. If they were genuine BBS, maybe i would, but seeing as these are reps, i think i'll just give them a diy spray, as i'll lose too much money when the time comes to sell them on

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Nice!
Car looks well kept and really tidy. I've just hit 68k miles in my '03 Ibiza, so yours has done amazingly well on mileage for it's age haha, nice one!

Looks so nice when it shines as well. You've inspired me to get of my arse and give my car a thorough going over today... :p

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Definitely. I used to be the same. When I first got the car I was cleaning it two or three times a week for a couple of months, got a bit obsessed :/
Then I just cleaned it once a week, so that's what I do now lol, unless it gets really dirty in which case I'll whack out the sponges.

Kempy0507

Looking good mate ;). Hurry up and get them alloys on lol. I agree with a adark grey or maybe a gloss black, not hard to do it yourself.
You'll have to let me know when you sort out a meet soon.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members