Back in a Seat - Gezmeister's Seat Ibiza MK2 GTI Cupra Sport

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Looking good mate ;). Hurry up and get them alloys on lol. I agree with a adark grey or maybe a gloss black, not hard to do it yourself.
You'll have to let me know when you sort out a meet soon.

Dark grey is looking like the winner at the moment. Managed to bag myself 4 nearly new tyres for £50 :D just need to pick them up at some point

Havn't done any work on the actual wheels yet, still waiting to hear back about a company nearby who can shot blast them for me

Kempy0507

Why don't you do all the work yourself? can't be that hard to prep it?
Any ideas on a meet soon? I see there's a vw meet on the 30th at ace cafe, tempted to go. If not a local meet would be good...

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Less hassle to get them shot blasted, and i know of a company that can do it cheap ;)

I'll spray them myself though

As for meets, weather is very unpredictable at the mo, so not sure when the next one will be arranged

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Few pics i had with a few mates on Sunday

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg
[/quote]

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
sorry was meant to say standard grille (badged) sorry lol

But thats just me lol

Get wheels on now...don't reply...just wheels lmao

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
5830534478_f2001ed35f.jpg

thats with the badge (so you take the GTI badge off, and transfer it)

IIRC the grilles were all the same, but with the addition of GTI (for 8v) and GTI 16v (for 16v lol)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Yeah the S (for SEAT) yours is debadged (FK maybe)?

Basically see the GTI badge on front, it can come off (clips on) so I was saying if you do look for a badged one, you don't have to look for a "GTI" grille, as they are all the same (then you can move the GTI badge over, saves you not just searching for GTI grilles) :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Cheers Umar :)

Suj - Ah i see. Thought mine was a standard one! I'll see what i can find.

Small update - Nothing exciting but have upgraded some bulbs on the car to LEDs. No pics, as we all know what LEDs look like. I've changed:

Glovebox - 31mm Festoon
Interior light - 501 and 40mm Festoon
NP bulbs - 501s
Sidelights - 501s

Dipped and main were already changed, pretty sure they're upgraded already as they're quite bright, so will leave them. Also changed my dash bulbs (top 2, wedge) for red bulbs, but want to change the ones at the bottom for another colour, maybe blue? Do you have to take the steering wheel off to take the cluster out? Couldn't quite squeeze it through the gap with the steering wheel adjusted to its lowest setting

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
white wheels is a must, and when you get another oem grill, white badge! or poss carbon wrap

i really want a mk2 again

Won't be going white crezz, sorry :)

Looking really good mate!! :thumbup:

Glovebox light?! :blink:. I want one!!!

I know one my 1.4 you could get the cluster through the standard steering wheel no problem. And Im sure the Haynes says you can on any model.

Ah ok craig, i'll check my haynes later on, cheers bud

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members