battery charging or disconnect

May 27, 2023
Nottingham
Hi
Just took delivery of my Tarraco FR sports, great car. I go away aboard for up to 3 months at a time...Should I disconnect my battery or put it on a smart charger???. my other cars a Lotus Elise and MG ZT T ..I disconnect my battery and all is ok...Seat tell me to visit in my third email to my agent as they can't comment
Any advice please

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi
Just took delivery of my Tarraco FR sports, great car. I go away aboard for up to 3 months at a time...Should I disconnect my battery or put it on a smart charger???. my other cars a Lotus Elise and MG ZT T ..I disconnect my battery and all is ok...Seat tell me to visit in my third email to my agent as they can't comment
Any advice please
Hello
I think that as its a new car there should not be a problem leaving it for three months but as we get into winter and as the car gets older I think it is a good idea to put a smart charger on it.
But I would not disconnect the battery as that would stop the alarm working and that might a insurance issue.
the other thing if you disconnect the battery you might loose some of the settings for the car (ie one touch windows) and you would have to re-set them up.
I have a car (not a Seat)that I don't use very much and I just leave it on a smart charger all the time and just disconnect when I need to use it

Reactions: Tell