Formentor eHYBRID charging weirdness

tmk

Oct 1, 2023
Hi

I've been having problems charging my hybrid for the last week or so (neither granny charger or proper cable). Was trying to get a service appointment but it wasn't massively urgent as ICE side was working fine. Regenerative side seemed to be working, so Cupra mode would recover up to 20% so thought it wasn't anything critical.

This morning alarm goes off, fobs wouldn't open doors. Rear doors unlocked themselves, looked like 12v battery problem, as you could just about hear the solenoids trying to unlock the doors. Opened the driver's door with the key, but car wouldn't switch on.

Called AA out (no Cupra Roadside currently), they showed where the jump start point is under bonnet (ps. avoid anything orange) and could then open boot to access 12v battery which was low but chargeable.

Engineer said I could drive it 150 miles to charge it up, but no guarantees it would start again. Advised booking Seat appt asap and would recover if required.

Stuck a Halfords battery charger on it for a few hours which seems to have given it enough charge to switch on, use doors, lock up etc. It's complaining about almost everything, which I think is expected given the warnings in the manual.

Plugged granny charger back in and... now... it's charging... wtf.

T

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
It's worth keeping in mind that the high voltage system and the 12v system remains largely isolated.

You should definitely try and get codes off the car and try getting it looked at asap.