Fully charged car and then it starts the engine!

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I’m sure the car starting in hybrid mode was due to the number of Octopus Intelligent logins/accesses to repeatedly start and stop the charge to suit their schedule, which has multiple sequential 30 minute slots.

I’ve not Smart charged the car for few weeks now, using a timed WiFi switch instead to charge in the 23:30-05:30 cheap rate and the car has started in EV mode every time the morning after on the 5-6 times it’s been charged at home.
Now in a dialogue with someone at Octopus, who couldn’t see what was happening as I’d turned off Smart charging. I turned it back on and charged last night.

The app setup 6 sessions, the first three had gaps between them, the last three ran sequentially so let’s see if the charge is being stopped and restarted for each one (which then after a few charges causes the car to start the engine the following morning).

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I'm beginning to develop the theory that not only is the Octopus Intelligent Smart charging logins causing the 12v battery to lose voltage, making the car start the engine even after a 100% charge, that it's also responsible for the repeated SOS and Travel Assist failure bongs as the system drops and then recovers.

Not only did the car always start in EV mode but the bongs stopped too over Christmas with Smart charging off, but both 'issues' started again when I turned on Octopus Smart charging to assist Octopus to work out why there are sequential charging sessions.

Last night the car was bonging away, so I turned of the heated seat and steering wheel and the bongs stopped. I'm wondering if the SOS and Travel Assist warnings are due to low 12v battery voltage.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
Mine started the engine again (after a long time) yesterday evening when I was leaving work. It was quite cold outside, close to -4 Celsius, plus a strong wind that made the real-feel much lower. Tha SoC was about 60% and I started the car heating before I left my office.
When I got to the car and pressed "Start" the ICE came on.
Looking into the VC I found a possible explanation:
you know that on the "rev-meter", below the numbers corresponding to ICE revs, there's a blue line corresponding to the Electric-Power (in %). That blue line was much shorter than it usually is... Meaning that the system was unable to deliver too much electric power - meaning that the system could not take too much current from the battery since it was quite cold.
After some 5-7 km on ICE the car allowed me to select EV mode. The "blue-bar" of available electric power was still at about 50% of the max. power.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise