Cupra formentor hybrid 245hp

Madars88

Nov 8, 2023
Hi, i noticed one thing for my cupra formentor hybrid 245hp in a morning to heat up the car with patrol engine I started to do this way i go to battery manager and switch to charge a battery from 80%-100% and doing this patrol engine starts with hight rpm 2000 around its takes around 3-5min to rpm go down to 500-1000 around but in this 3-5min car have a 5-10 high vibrations like a push to all car body 🤷‍♂️ I try to understand way 🤷‍♂️ because its battery charging mode plus engine is cold because after this 3-5min is no any strange vibration on car. Sorry it’s hard to explain perfect in English 😀

Madars88

Nov 8, 2023
There is vidoe only you will not see any jerk but in this 2-3min car had 3-5 jarks 🤷‍♂️ on driving car works well I don’t feel any issue but this thing is little bit bother me
you can see in video: Video

Madars88

Nov 8, 2023
The engine after it starts runs at 2000rpm when cold until it's warmed up, I assume it does this when stationary too.
What I don’t like in warming processes I have some couple of jerks (twitches) all car body 🤷‍♂️ this is worries the most.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
starts runs at 2000rpm when cold
yep, that's kind of a (new/recent) standard across the automotive industry - for petrol engines at least...
Warming-up faster reduces the emissions (not counting the emissions during warming up :giggle: ) - I think that's the rationale behind this behavior.

I have some couple of jerks (twitches) all car body
I've also noticed some sort of car-body oscillations while the ICE is in this so-called warming-up stage. While a passenger in my car says he doesn't notice it, I can feel some kind of small trembling into my chair... (sensitive bottom helps 😉 )

Madars88

Nov 8, 2023
yep, that's kind of a (new/recent) standard across the automotive industry - for petrol engines at least...
Warming-up faster reduces the emissions (not counting the emissions during warming up :giggle: ) - I think that's the rationale behind this behavior.

I've also noticed some sort of car-body oscillations while the ICE is in this so-called warming-up stage. While a passenger in my car says he doesn't notice it, I can feel some kind of small trembling into my chair... (sensitive bottom helps 😉 )
Thx for information ❤️ i was thinking the same its should be normal thing for this car 😀 but when you get this jerks you automatically think something wrong with engine or dsg gear box! Because when my car jerks even passenger on back seats are feeling it 🤷‍♂️

xobb1t

Nov 12, 2023
Vilnius
Hey guys! Is it possible to charge battery only up to 80%? haven't found setting in infotainment system

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
You can set charge limits... Look at both the settings in car and the app itself.

As I understand it, you will still hit the cycle at 80% and the car has a built in battery conditioner - so you may not actually be extending the life much by doing this.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members