Cupra Formentor - Hybrid

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
You mean this right?
View attachment 37609
That means the interior lights have been switched off manually. Press it and if the car door is open the interior lights will come on and the orange car light will go out. Press it again and the interior lights should go out and the orange car and OFF will light up orange.
Yes I know that. I mean that usually after the car is closed, this indicator goes out, but now, when the car is charging, it is constantly on and never turns off.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
I've just checked mine and the only light on is the orange triangle in the dash and of course the green charging light next to the charging cable. Interior lights are selected to come on when I open the door though.

So, I've been in the car and switched off the interior lights and locked the doors. Checked back after 10 minutes and yes the orange car light in the roof is on along with the orange triangle symbol. I stopped the charging (as I've set a departure time for tomorrow) and both lights went out.

I guess you must have the interior lights switched off. Strange that it lights up when charging though, but looks like it's normal for these cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: elzo

elzo

Jul 1, 2023
I've just checked mine and the only light on is the orange triangle in the dash and of course the green charging light next to the charging cable. Interior lights are selected to come on when I open the door though.

So, I've been in the car and switched off the interior lights and locked the doors. Checked back after 10 minutes and yes the orange car light in the roof is on along with the orange triangle symbol. I stopped the charging (as I've set a departure time for tomorrow) and both lights went out.

I guess you must have the interior lights switched off. Strange that it lights up when charging though, but looks like it's normal for these cars.
Thank you so much for checking this out for me :) Indeed, when the car was fully charged, the yellow triangle and the light on the ceiling went out.
Do you charge your car in advance? Or do you always set up a full charge of the battery just before departure?
I just come home from work at 16:00 and put the car on charge, the battery is full by 22:00 and the car stays until the morning with a full battery connected to the charger.

After the battery is fully charged, even the green lamp near the charge connector also turns off.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Thank you so much for checking this out for me :) Indeed, when the car was fully charged, the yellow triangle and the light on the ceiling went out.
Do you charge your car in advance? Or do you always set up a full charge of the battery just before departure?
I just come home from work at 16:00 and put the car on charge, the battery is full by 22:00 and the car stays until the morning with a full battery connected to the charger.

After the battery is fully charged, even the green lamp near the charge connector also turns off.
No problem, happy to help if I can.
I tend to set departure times and charge just before I go out. The high voltage battery has a good warranty on it but I've heard that leaving it fully charged stresses it. I don't drive it every day so I don't charge it straight away. There is a section in the manual about looking after the HV battery.
Screenshot_20230724_231815_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
If I used it daily I'd probably do the same as you tbh.

elzo

Jul 1, 2023

Today I came to the garage, I did not touch the car door handles and I did not touch the car key. I just walked up to the car and looked out the car window. The car made a little noise, the screen lit up and the lamp on the ceiling was orange.
I continued to watch NOT TOUCHING MY CAR, after a couple of seconds the screen turned off and the other lights went out. I went to another window and the machine activated again, the screen turned on and the lights on the ceiling lit up, then the airflow turned on in the cabin.

And I didn't touch or open anything!! Is this normal?

If possible. Try to keep track of your car. I have a feeling that my car has some glitches with it.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.