battery constantly discharging

kitty241172

I have a 1996 alhambra with a battery that discharges in only a few hours. I have had the battery checked an appears to be fine. This is really frustrating as I have to rely on jump-starts every day. Any suggestions, please??

the battery? it appears to be fine? how exactly did they test it? did they check the output of the alternator? if the battery discharges that quick! you either have a dead short to ground somewhere! possible diode pack in the alternator gone? or a dead cell/s in the battery? first off I look to see what the alternator output is the I would look at changeing the battery, how old is it?

kitty241172

thankyou for responding. I don't know how old the battery is as I bought the car 2nd hand just 2 years ago. It passed its MOT less than 3 weeks ago, and the battery was tested last week after I described the problem to the SEAT garage. They said the battery was fine, but would not diagnose the problem without a diagnosis fee of £58 first. I thought I would see if there was a simple solution first ( knowing nothing about cars myself! ) but it seems like a trip to the garage is necessary after all.
Cheers for the help.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise